Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n00b tbh

Options
  • 28-10-2004 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

started playing Q3 at home again after getting OSP from a LAN. Its good craic. I like the stats at the end and the whole feel of the game. I need more basically. Any cool commands, like field of view, dubbing down the graphics. I've a few demo's they don't appear in the menu but I can watch them by doing /demo filename.

I've been told that nightmare bots are too easy as I've found out. I've been recommended a different type of bot by fobia/quetzal... What should I be aiming for (ie stats wise, launcher @ 50% atm against nightmare) I never zoom with the rail gun is that a bad thing?

My mouse is an mx500 and I use the mouse4(first side button) for launcher and the other side button doesn't work... Middle click is for rail... right click for shotgun (for close ups) I've space as jump.

Any tips. I'd prefer invidual tips as opposed to referring me to a massive webby. Whos good in Ireland (team wise) and is it being played much more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

My first port of call would be not listening to Quetzal, as he knows nothing about Quake.

You don't have to zoom with the rail, many people don't, but if you learn to use it you will have the advantage.

I recommend getting a config from Vinnit, Space-Lizard or myself on IRC later, and loading it. There are hundreds of things that can improve your performance. Try getting a good refresh rate such as 125hz to synce with 125 fps and your golden.

There are hundreds of things you can do. Try idling in #fh, #nd, #dedanann, #quake.ie and #ctf.ie or #ctfpickup.ie

Lower sens will improve your aim, a consistent frame rate with result in consistant aim. Playing bots is really only good for learning a level and not being bored while doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Space-lizard/Vinnits configs will get you banned from some servers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

There will be plenty of people who will be willing to help you at Darkside X. ALL the good players will be there ;)

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Yeah, I'll get some from darkside at 10pm tomorrow. but I've no idle time unfortunately... I'm on dial up while at college. :( I'll look for u Giblet on IRC. but I'll only be there for a while. The chaps at DIT have decided to throw us an exam so I'll have to get to it. Bio, I heard u were at GLXI for a short while, missed u. Did u see our Q3 prizes??? L337 He-man blades won by Arganite with Quetzal. Syxpak with timeout just missed out...

WOW,
    "ALL the good players will be there"
    U were right about that. got slaughtered by Spaceman and Carlos. But they weren't flawless against me :) I pulled out 1 or 2 frags (literally). Bear in mind I only learned that u go quicker by jumping very recently. I'm gonna kick ass in DK lan with that, pending no one from darkside's l337 q3 players head to it. :)

• Advertisement

I see you spec'd me vs Melachi :>

Yeah, that melachi is some player. I hope u didn't mind me spec'ing. LMAO at ur CS:S spray. thank god I was on the same team as u.

[edit: now spaceman and baz will be at DKlan, so much for my pwning idea :) ]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Giblet wrote:
    My first port of call would be not listening to Quetzal, as he knows nothing about Quake.

You seem to like saying this, yet have you ever beaten me in a 1on1 game of any quake? I'm confident I could take you on in qw, q3 OSP or CPMA.

In best of 3 I'd certainly win as I've proved I can beat you in qw, and I've been playing CPMA for quite a while now, OSP - I know you're ok at that so I wouldn't be cocky....

end of the day - you can't give advice and say I don't know anything when you can't beat me.

que

P.S. I expect you'll come challenging me on irc after reading this, know that I don't have an internet connection (not even a modem, going through a proxy on a WAN right now), but should have it sorted out within the next month, so don't go crying "CHICKEN" when I say I can't play you right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

giblet > vin > you

Fobia wrote:
    You seem to like saying this, yet have you ever beaten me in a 1on1 game of any quake? I'm confident I could take you on in qw, q3 OSP or CPMA.

In best of 3 I'd certainly win as I've proved I can beat you in qw, and I've been playing CPMA for quite a while now, OSP - I know you're ok at that so I wouldn't be cocky....

end of the day - you can't give advice and say I don't know anything when you can't beat me.

que

P.S. I expect you'll come challenging me on irc after reading this, know that I don't have an internet connection (not even a modem, going through a proxy on a WAN right now), but should have it sorted out within the next month, so don't go crying "CHICKEN" when I say I can't play you right now....

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

You beat me once when I had like 60pl or something, and by 1 kill. That reflects on you.

Oh and don't worry, I could easily kick your ass.

You said you haven't even got a connect, and I've been playing a lot since you have last seen me play, so don't talk through your ass.

www.sleevesmahoney.com/meldead.rar

:D

• Advertisement

I don't have a connection, but I play on the WAN 3-4 times a week for a few hours each time.

Playing the old "send demo of me playing **** and then play class against him" card eh? It's not gonna work.....I've seen you play in person and though you arent great you arent as bad as you in that demo, so in an effort of avoiding another nemesis vs sam event, I wont comment further. Once the demo of the galwaylan XI finals becomes available I'll send it to you and you can see how good I am (I don't have any demos of me playing osp as I only play cpma normally), it's 2on2 osp pro-q3dm6...

I played you once on 60pl in which I beat you by 30 frags, I also played you when you had 40ms 0 pl, with me on 200ms 2pl and I won that one by one frag, also we've only played dm6 your best map, while dm4 is my best map.

I'd be maybe 90% sure of beating you in qw, 75% in cpma and 60% in osp (assuming you don't play as bad as you did in that match vs melachi :) ).

Wont play for money, but if you beat me I wont give advice on q3 again, if I win you have to stfu. Will praccy a bit until I get my connection sorted (unless you want to connect up to the WAN and play me there :D )

que

Fobia wrote:

I'd be maybe 90% sure of beating you in qw, 75% in cpma and 60% in osp (assuming you don't play as bad as you did in that match vs melachi :) ).

Wont play for money, but if you beat me I wont give advice on q3 again, if I win you have to stfu. Will praccy a bit until I get my connection sorted (unless you want to connect up to the WAN and play me there :D )

que

Melachi beat Vin 32-5 straight after me.......

The only reason that you didn't get whooped is that you hid alot of the time/waited for 20 secs to get RA.....that's why we time things! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

thats cool, i mean queztal i bet you 200e in best of 3 qw

ill drive to galway with fiblet, thats cool i mean whats up bitch lets get it on

Look quetzal, I can show you demos of me beating SAIK and MIXU, what does that mean exactly. Nothing. Seriously check the quake.ie demos and reviews. You don't know shít.

Also, INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Dude....you beat them when they were ****, that's why it mean's nothing.

I doubt you've improved any in qw....

that's cool vinnit I'd rather keep my money I mean that's cool I'll swordfight you I mean that's cool gimme all yer money

Fobia wrote:
    Dude....you beat them when they were ****, that's why it mean's nothing.

I don't think you get it.

So you think I beat you when you were ****?

If you think I don't get it, explain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

I think that I speak for all of the quake community, as well as probably most of boards when I say this.

Shut up quetzal, you utter tool.

do you actually think you prove anything if you can or could beat someone at a computer game? you arent getting yourself anywhere in life. YOU WILL DIE ALONE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

marclar just owned this thread

• Advertisement

The only thing marclar owns is his style of insulting without feeling the need to look in a mirror...

I've uploaded a demo of me playing vs xaoro on nightmare, it's a bot, it's easy....but you uploaded a demo so can't hurt.

http://members.boards.ie/quetzal/giblet.zip

Judge for yerselves I guess

Fobia wrote:
    The only thing marclar owns is his style of insulting without feeling the need to look in a mirror...

I've uploaded a demo of me playing vs xaoro on nightmare, it's a bot, it's easy....but you uploaded a demo so can't hurt.

http://members.boards.ie/quetzal/giblet.zip

Judge for yerselves I guess

If you're not taking the piss I feel sorry for you.

What tactics the bot uses yeah? Especially not on it's home map and in CPMA! gagagagaggahahahaha

*and you barely beat it*

Umm...

The bot is ****, and I aint great at OSP

That was OSP, not CPMA.....you can't tell the difference?

OSP is my worst, I'm better at CPMA, then better again at qw..........

So much to just get you to stfu talking about me when you think I ament looking, I know you have a crush on me but it's never going to be any more than a crush.

Fobia wrote:
    Umm...

The bot is ****, and I aint great at OSP

That was OSP, not CPMA.....you can't tell the difference?

OSP is my worst, I'm better at CPMA, then better again at qw..........

So much to just get you to stfu talking about me when you think I ament looking, I know you have a crush on me but it's never going to be any more than a crush.

When I load the demo, CPMA comes on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

who is in that demo vs Xaero? His rail isn't great but his tactics are the best I've seen in years. And his rocket launcher rockets are unbelievable... if only the guy were Irish it would be exactly what the Irish team would need at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I think n3mesis would beat Koopa at Quake3.

lmao @ the thread, I was wondering what que ment by me sparking a mad battle between him and Gib. tbh, I'm a n00b as the thread said but I'd kick both of ur asses in Q3 osp, cpma and QW. I'd also beat Koopa.

In fact I'm so good I'd bet a mil on it.

Talk is cheap. cut the crap :)

LOL @ "Mad battle"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

Sniipe wrote:
    lmao @ the thread, I was wondering what que ment by me sparking a mad battle between him and Gib. tbh, I'm a n00b as the thread said but I'd kick both of ur asses in Q3 osp, cpma and QW. I'd also beat Koopa.

In fact I'm so good I'd bet a mil on it.

Talk is cheap. cut the crap :)

he gets into a big argument with everyone every time he posts tbh

• Advertisement

marclar wrote:
    he gets into a big argument with everyone every time he posts tbh

That's true, I'm a sucker for falling into arguements, I'm probably one of the main topics in #nd still because of it (and my constant stupid comments of course).

que

p.s. Lol illkillya, that's me playing, I don't usually play OSP but I didn't think my tactics and rl aim were that bad...and I am indeed irish :)

Advertisement