Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most annoying thing......

• 28-10-2004 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

....You did as a child?

Me, well we used to wreck our parents heads with the term "Are we there yet?" said every 2 minutes!
    Also, when i got my first catapult i was a terror!....Broke the car window on my folks car 3 times in all!.....Wasnt so bad though, was a bit of a banger!hehe :D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just generally never letting it lie.
    "but whyyyy????"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

running into wet cement in new runners :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just generally never letting it lie.
    "but whyyyy????"
    I hate you.

I used to break my dad's cigarettes because I didn't like him smoking. We were pretty broke at the time, so he used to go mad at me. I also used to steal them, my mother found about 50 boxes in my school bag once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

HAHAHA classic!

Well my bro when he was real young was worse, when he didnt get his way he'd hold his breath until he passed out!.....Scared the beejesus out of my folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Trigger! wrote:
    Well my bro when he was real young was worse, when he didnt get his way he'd hold his breath until he passed out!.....Scared the beejesus out of my folks!

He probably killed quite a few braincells doing that...

• Advertisement

Id say so.....he was troubled when he was young!Spent his first year and out of hospital!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

well i wouldnt class it as annoying but i was forever nearly choking to death on sweets...id say i aged my poor mother by about 10 years... she would never let me have gob stoppers or any hard sweets but i still managed to get even the softest sweet lodged in my throat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Trigger! wrote:
    HAHAHA classic!

My sister used to that all the time. My mother says that she's old before her time because of it.

I used to faint quiet a bit for some reason, and nearly always at mass?

Other than that my sisters told me that i was adopted for the whole of my life, and if i went to a friends house they would leave noted for my mother saying that i had run away. ( i get on with them quiet well now).

The funniest was when my sister ran away from home at the good old age of five, but only got to the bottom of the town becuase she was not allowed cross the road.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

me and my friends used to torment this old man who lived across the street. we'd throw bangers or fire fireworks at his house to het his attention, than we'd rattle his gates till he got to the front door. than we'd run. he was old and slow, so we always got away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 manmusic

my brother used to fart into his hand and then hold it by your face

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

My cousin used to hit people on the head with a plastic hammer and ask if it hurt. If they said no he'd hit them harder and ask "How bout now?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Always teasing the dog tbh....

I used to eat anything!.....Even coal! :D hehe so ive been told anyways!

My bro also flushed 60 quid of my dads money down the toilette as he thought it was 'Dirty paper'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I used to talk for hours just asking questions... REALLY annoying questions... "How does...?", "Why does...?", "When does...?", etc.

I had great fun with my Dad's razor blades. I used to shred my hands on a regular basis for the fun of it. Although, no one ever knew about that... I knew where the band-aids were kept! ;)
    But they all used to be annoyed with me at home because I always used up all the plasters :p

I had an extreme fear of the dark and of shadows in dimly lit rooms and used to scream like a looney at the drop of a hat.

I was quite pretentious as a little kid, (aged 3 / 4 yrs old), and used to correct people on their grammar and pronunciation of words.

Thank God I'm not annoying now! ;) hehe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

leaving puddles randomly around the house (sleepwalking)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I didn't like peas but wasn't allowed leave the table until I finished them.
    I took to stuffing them up my nose so that my parents would think I'd eaten them
    After two trips to ER they stopped giving me peas

I WON!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Kiith wrote:
    me and my friends used to torment this old man who lived across the street. we'd throw bangers or fire fireworks at his house to het his attention, than we'd rattle his gates till he got to the front door. than we'd run. he was old and slow, so we always got away.

man... you're the coolest :rolleyes:

I used to ask wierd questions as a kid. My mam told me that when I was around 4 or 5 I started asking questions like "What's the IRA?", "What is AIDS?" and "What's a condom?". As far as I know she answered them as honestly as she could without causing me sleepless nights.
    I also went through a phase as a rat (I'm the youngest, we're generally spoilt brats). I once ran home and told my mam that my sister had been kissing some boy from down the road. That was funny.. :D (I was such a bollix sometimes)

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Sleipnir wrote:
    I didn't like peas but wasn't allowed leave the table until I finished them.
    I took to stuffing them up my nose so that my parents would think I'd eaten them
    After two trips to ER they stopped giving me peas

I WON!!!!

You just reminded me of something.
    I was force-fed boiled potatoes, which I hated with a passion!
    I wasn't allowed to leave the table either until I'd eaten at least one with my dinner.
    So, I used to put them in my pockets and flush them down the toilet when I got upstairs! hehe! I'd totally forgotten about that until now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

i'd wear layers of clothes in bed and my parents hated that
    i wouldn't eat, anything at all,
    i would roller blade down the stairs,
    bite my sister,
    put snails in my sisters bed
    put my sisters teddy in the toilet
    throw darts at her tom cruse poster(tee hee hee)
    wake her up with water
    get very hyper on anything with sugar and run around until i was dehydrated
    em......
    play hockey behind my parents back
    mitch off school
    put water in my mums gin
    read my sisters diary (then say little quotes of it infront of my dad)

looking back on things i don't think i was that lovely as a child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

looking back on things i don't think i was that lovely as a child

You don't say :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Walking home from school and telling people we passed that they had sat in something - cue them turning round to look at their arses as we merrily skipped off down the road laughing our heads off. Everyday for about a year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

getting out of bed in the middle of the night and going to sleep in the nearest wardrobe / cabinet / under somones bed an hving them have to search for me in the morning lol....
    I also remember being fascinated by pouring expensive bath syuff down the sink.....

drawing on the curtains in permenant marker.....

putting jelly in the upstairs bathroom and letting it set......

setting blondie the budgie "free"......

jelly in petrol tank in my dads motorbike.......

constantly asking inapropriate questions in public only.................once asked my mother "if a nun had sex with a priest, would she get pregnant with a baby choirboy?"....no big deal, cept when u say it in the office of the nun who runs your school when she asks your mom "do u have any other children?"...
    lol still dont like organised religion, i wonder why!? lol ;)

oh, an i used to often put frogs in the bath lol :)

ugh, my poor parents, no wonder they split lolol ;)

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

You just reminded me of something.
    I was force-fed boiled potatoes, which I hated with a passion!
    I wasn't allowed to leave the table either until I'd eaten at least one with my dinner.
    So, I used to put them in my pockets and flush them down the toilet when I got upstairs! hehe! I'd totally forgotten about that until now! :D

my little brother woulnt eat a bowl of stew one day , same buzz "your not leaving the table till its all gone" , rest of us went in and watched telly , after a while i was sent in to see if he had eaten most of it yet .
    he was asleep face down in the bowl of stew blowing little bubbles in it as he snored , little bugger was lucky he didnt drown himself. he woke up with stew all over his face to the sound of me in absolute knots of laughter :D

ahh cheers , id completley forgotten about that till now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Miss Mann

Throwing bangers at old ladies. Ahh, the fun...

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I was always poking at things with objects out of curiousity -- once took all of the buttons off of the front of the tv back in the days when only the best TVs had remotes and I also disassembled the radio/tape recorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Haha, you brought back an old memory of mine actually. Me and my sister never wanted to finish our dinners (my mother was not a great cook) so we used to wrap it up in kitchen paper and throw it in behind the fridge! When we were putting in a new kitchen recently there was a few remnants of mould still left - but most of it had vanished!

My most annoying habit was just being a know-it-all in primary school, I'd never give anyone else a chance to answer a question, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

My mam used to make us mincemeat and spuds every now and then for dinner, and we hated it. So, we would sit down to dinner at the table, my mam would go upstairs to tidy or whatever, and the three of us used to stuff some of the food down behind the radiator, up the chimney, but on most occasions we would flick it onto the kitchen ceiling with our spoons.

We also used to draw weather maps on the walls and pretend we were weather presenters.

We used to put spuds into my dads car exhaust.

I used to ask Daddy constant questions.

"Daddy, where does the water in the tap come from?"
    "The reservoir, Sorcha."
    "Oh. Whats a reservoir?"
    "Its like a big tank for holding water."
    "Oh. How does it get there?"
    "Its pumped there from the treatment plant."
    "Oh. Whats a treatment plant?"

Etc etc etc......

My sister and I used to put insects into cups or jars, then forget about them and frighten our mother.

Whenever we broke plates or cups, we wouldnt tell anyone, just take the shards and bury them in the field behind our house.

I used to steal my daddys rubber bands from his pockets (he's a postman, and therefore has thousands of them) and tie them into one enormous band. Then put it back into his pocket.

Tied our Mammys laces together when she was asleep on the couch, then my sister would go into the kitchen, bang a tray with a wooden spoon to make a racket. My brother and I would be hiding behind the armchair sniggering as she got up and fell flat on her face.

Coming up to Christmas, my Daddy would be crazy busy. We didn't like him being gone for such long days, so my brother used to let the air out of his tyres on the old Fort Cortina.

Apart from all that, we were little angels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I was one of those fifty-questions kids as well. No tradesman could leave the house until he'd explained what every tool in his bag was for!

/me cringes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

one thing was my falling i used to fall over fresh air(i say used to but you know it still happens)
    projectile vomiting,
    certain foods made me violently ill and i go to a friends house and forget to say it and i'd be so ill.
    in and out of hospital for terrible fevers then when the doctor would come back i'd be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I used to pretend to be dead...lie on the ground before my mother came home, all covered in ketchup.....gave her the fright of her life.....think i got slapped and hugged at the same time.... :eek:

Advertisement