Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rems new album

Options
  • 28-10-2004 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

listened to it and feel it might be a grower.
    Reviews have been terrible
    what do you guys think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

im taking it easy with this one . im on to song 4 now.
    i like the album a lot - but the songs arent as creative as before,but rem can never return to those days unfortunately.
    they will never produce a bad album - but will probably continue to produce "nice" albums like this.
    pity cus they are my favourite band of all time.

i expect the the new manics album to be lacking in creativity but still "nice"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

"Nice album", yep, that pretty much sums it up alright. Ah but it really is nice though :)

"Aftermath" seems to stir a warm mix of chemicals in my brain for some reason. And "Leaving New York" is probably worth it for the line "It's easier to leave than to be left behind" alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

in fairness to REM on every album they always have one truely great song which justifies buying the album - leaving NY is that song.

currently holding the new maics one and about to listen to it....
    i will start a thread later with my opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

Yeah, I like it. It's a keeper. Lot of nice easy listening on it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I find the first single appaling. Perhaps they really should have disbanded in the mid nineties. I've found nothing they've done since Monster to be remotely interesting, just contractual obligations.

It must feel pretty terrible to be the wrong side of 40 and still try very hard to be relevant...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I work in a small music shop, only 8 or 9 of us work there. We have all listened to it a fair few times and we are all in agreement, a truly awful album :rolleyes:

Advertisement