Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omaha Tournament Tuesday 9th November

Options
  • 28-10-2004 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

Looking at having a 25euro Omaha with one rebuy. tournament starting at 7pm on tuesdays,
    25euro for 2000 chips blinds starting at 5/10

To make it affordable was thinking of having one rebuy for 3000 chips but no add on if you havent rebought, any suggestions and will you play? Need at least 9 to get it going

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Why not just make it a freezeout?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll play but would prefer a freeze out as 50 notes on whats likely to be an Omaha SNG is a little steep.

DeV.

ps: I did my bollocks again last night on a sweet Omaha hand. I hold AKQ5 double suited and raise ont he button. 4 callers. Flop comes AA8. One raise before me to 15, reraised by me to 60 reraised by him to ~110 (all my chips). I call the extra 50 hoping to see him drawing to the house but he has made it already (fookin' typical that I'd find the case Ace with one of the 8's...). Nothing came for me but I still think that when I get reraised I have to call. Any K/Q does it for me even though I am then pretty sure I'm facing AKxx or A8xx.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Im hoping the tournament will take off over the long run, talking to a lot of people in the Fitz not only off boards who said theyd be interested in playing, Dont thnk one rebuy would make too much difference as play would still be fairly tight and if there was no topup for anyone it wouldnt disadvantage anyone not willing to rebuy,

With 2000 starting chips and blinds at 5-10 it should be more than a sit and go with plenty of chips to play with.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll play a 25 freezeout but not likely a 50 one (this month)! Its just a bit too much on what will be a novelty game with little expectation of winning on my part! :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Sounds good, dont mind either way freezeout vs one topup\rebuy, I play both kinds of Omaha tourney on UB and prefer freezeout but the thought of a bit of insurance against getting outdrawn is also nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

I'd be up for it. Probably prefer the f/o option too, but would be willing to play either or!

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Sounds good, dont mind either way freezeout vs one topup\rebuy, I play both kinds of Omaha tourney on UB and prefer freezeout but the thought of a bit of insurance against getting outdrawn is also nice.

and you KNOW I'll be calling you with any hand... remember the JJJx hand you watched me play... :):)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I'll be there fred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

hey!

i'd be up for it too. i havn't played omaha much but i like it and i would like to play it more. a f/o would be my preference but i'd play either.

would anybody be interested in a €10 omaha sng in the fitz next week sometime?

in our gaff we're kinda trying to other variations, namely omaha hi/lo and 7 card stud. does anybody play these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

DeVore wrote:
    and you KNOW I'll be calling you with any hand... remember the JJJx hand you watched me play... :):)

DeV.

IAP-SAII!

• Advertisement
Advertisement