Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cole threatens to sue Ruud

• 28-10-2004 12:32pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We know Cole is a twat but think of suing Ruud the man is the latest in a show of utter twatism from the Arsenal camp.
    You would swear that he has never gone in with an over the top challenge, does show what a thick he is. :rolleyes:

The agent of Ashley Cole, Jonathan Barnett, has confirmed he has sought legal advice over the prospect of suing Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The Dutch hit-man was handed a three-game ban for the tackle that went unpunished in Sunday's game between the two sides at Old Trafford.

Van Nistelrooy's tackle was late and reckless but it was thought that The FA's intervention would put an end to the matter.

However, Barnett has now confirmed that legal advice has been sought but, that in all likelihood, no action would be taken.

''It's only because Ashley is the nicest guy in football, a real gentleman, that he probably wouldn't want to pursue anything through the courts,'' confirmed Barnett.

''But then again, I am his agent.

''We are looking at potential legal action, even criminal action for assault, but I cannot see Ashley wanting to go ahead.''

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I wonder how long it will take

(a) this thread to turn into a flamewar, or
    (b) Galdalf to close it?

In the meantime, this course of action is particulalry prattish. He wasn't badly injured, he's still able to play football.

However, the quote seems to suggest its just agent talk, for whatever reason I don't know.
    ''It's only because Ashley is the nicest guy in football, a real gentleman, that he probably wouldn't want to pursue anything through the courts,'' confirmed Barnett.

''But then again, I am his agent.

''We are looking at potential legal action, even criminal action for assault, but I cannot see Ashley wanting to go ahead.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

''It's only because Ashley is the nicest guy in football, a real gentleman"

Heh, yeah right.
    He's gone in for his fair share of nasty tackles, and isn't always the most sporting player on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

typical of the bollocks to come out after a Utd v Arsenal game :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"(a) this thread to turn into a flamewar, or
    (b) Galdalf to close it?"

I do not want this to turn into a flamewar, that is not the intention but for someone as petulant as Cole or his agent to even consider this even the hardcore Arsenal fans cannot agree with this.
    If it was a gentleman like Zola then fair enough but I am sorry Ashley Cole is no gentleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Cole hasn't got a book coming out by any chance does he ? :D

This sounds like media hype to me. The challenge was bad but we've all seen a lot worse and AFAIK there was no injury cause so what grounds would he have for suing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Going nowhere again with this thread !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement