Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Home Design Software??

Options
  • 28-10-2004 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Has anyone come across any "Design your own home" software with an Irish slant?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

No, went looking alright but had to end up using the US software, it did the job but the addons- washin machines, kitchens were very american.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Bob Villa's ??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Nope Floorplan 3d

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I used many of these types, 3D floor plan and Home architect and found them all to be very limited, as stated big f-ck off fridges etc and non irish standard presses, generally i found that autocad if you can use it is so much better , i can use cad , maybe thats why I'm knocking the others, but for tricky bits like stairs etc and the non square rooms that we irish cram into to, i dont think they are good. I used home arichtect for my kitchen and the 3d aspects were nice- but the guys in the shop do it for you anyway and it looks better. I also found one place that rent the softare on line to you, its really for the kitchen guys but the trial was good cant remember the name though sorry.
    So stick to CAD if you can learn it in time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Depends what you're looking for, but if you're just looking for a floor plan I used MS Visio. You can only do the basic floor plan, but you can adjust furniture, cabenits, bathroom suites etc to the exact dimensions of the ones you're considering.

Having said that, I would've loved to have played with 3d stuff that has been mentioned :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement