Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill 2

Options
  • 28-10-2004 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

Just finished SH2, nearly crapped me pants, very scary or am I just a wuss. That bit in the hospital is seriously freaky !!!! :p

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I finally finished this last week :D Great game. Less evil non-logical puzzles than the first and really creepy. The pyramid head monster freaked me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

looking forward to playing this over the weekend :D
    1 and 3 are two of my favourite games

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... but the nurses aren't as good as the nurses in Silent Hill 4...

In Silent Hill 4 they burp when you hit them for some reason...

there is one really funny bit when you can knock one down the stairs...

it's just burp...bump...burp...bump...burp....bump...burp...bump...

great stuff...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I tried to play Silent Hill 3 but got stuck on that evil shakespeare puzzle. I should have played it on normal puzzles but I feel I'm missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Brilliant game! :D Pyramid head freaks the foooooook outta me! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I tried to play Silent Hill 3 but got stuck on that evil shakespeare puzzle. I should have played it on normal puzzles but I feel I'm missing out.

Ahh Retro, that puzzle is right at the beginning! You're not as hardcore as we all think, are you? :)

Yeah you can't go wrong with Silent Hill 2 though, now that it's platinum every PS2 owner should have a copy. Probably the spookiest game I have ever played. Pyramid Head will scare the hell out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Every ending is worthy of a replay too! Five in all I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Hmm, maybe I should pick this up. I remember shattering my poor young teenage mind with the original silent hill.

Ahh Retro, that puzzle is right at the beginning! You're not as hardcore as we all think, are you?

You should try it on hard setting its ridiculous. I got the order of the plays right but then there is all this multiplication crap that I wouldn't have figured out ever except for an faq.

The best thing about Silent Hill 2 is how long it takes to get going... you wander through that foggy path for almost half an hour before reaching the town itself. It actually reaches the point of absurdity, which is great...

I never finished Silent Hill 3, I got screwed on that battle on the Carousel... used up most of my ammo and health, and after the confession box scene, the monsters really start to gang up on you... and I just got fed up trying to run away from them as I had no real way of fighting them...

I really must start it again and be more conservative with my items...

I never played the first silent hill.. if anyone wants to sell it or loan it.. let me know...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

SH2 was the best one of the whole series, the endings were excellent. SH3 had a very weak ending imo. 1 & 2 were the best, 3 was good, and from what i hear 4 is poor.
    The ending in sh1 where it turned out you were dead all along after the car crash...GENUIS!!!!

Deadwing wrote:
    The ending in sh1 where it turned out you were dead all along after the car crash...GENUIS!!!!

Jeez man... didn't I just say I never played Silent Hill 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

whoops :( sorry..but thats the ending you get when you screw up, its not the proper ending, theres others that help explain the sh2 story!

The Silent Hill 2 wander at the start before anything happens was genius I kept getting freaked out by the noises and looking to see where they came from but there was nothing there.

The nurse cutscene from Silent Hill 1 and the ending where you do everything right were horrible.

Even worse was
    the ending were you have to kill your daughter for the last boss that just freaked me out

Advertisement