Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Williams #2: Mika to partner Mark in 2005?

• 28-10-2004 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

(from www.planet-f1.com)

Mika to partner Mark in 2005?
    Thursday October 28 2004

With Williams still having a seat available for 2005 speculations is mounting as to who Mark Webber's team-mate will be and once again Mika Hakkinen's name is in the mix.
    Although Williams had believed that Webber's team-mate was settled and that it would be Jenson Button, F1's Contract Recognition Board had other ideas. The Board ruled that that Brit is to remain with BAR until the end of 2005 when his contract with the Brackley team expires.

This has meant Williams are once again looking for a new driver and former World Champion, Mika Hakkinen, is said to be on Williams' short list. However, Patrick Head believes that signing the Finn would be a risk.

"It would be a risk after he has been out of the sport for three seasons. But you have to think seriously about a man who has the talent to twice beat Michael Schumacher to the title," he told Autosport.

Hakkinen has, however, stated that he's not interested in making a comeback. But it is thought with a Williams seat officially available, he may reconsider.

Another candidate for the driver is Jordan's Nick Heidfeld. The German is said to be regarded by Williams' engine partner BMW as an important marketing tool on home soil.

Other drivers on the list included David Coulthard, Antonio Pizzonia and Anthony Davidson.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

I think it would be great if Mika came back!Allthough i think it is highly unlikely to be honest!.....He was defineately one of my favourite drivers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Aye, would like to see it. but would also live to see Heidfeld move up the grid, he's a quality driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

For some reason I remain convinced Heidfeld is nothing more than a very competent journey man. I don't think he or Pizzonia deserves the number two berth at Williams.

It would be great to see Mika in a competitve car but to be honest I remain doubtful he'll make a comeback. And as for DC's chances...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

i think williams are looking to be competetive next year , so it stands to reason that they will be looking for a decent team-mate for webber, so that rules out the coulthards, and pizzonias , i think mika would be a serious contender for the second seat, we wait and see.............................................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Poutre

Williams have given coulthard a job

here is the link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spitfire

Guys,
    Mika has confirmed a season in DTM for Mercedes so is unlikely to be able to take up a place at Williams.
    Current favorites are Pizzonia, Hiedfeld and Davidson. I hope that davidson gets the chance . He has done a fine job at BAR this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I would like to see Ant get a big break too. I'm pretty sure he woukld be right up there with Webber before too long!

Advertisement