Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do people prefer to stretch during their workout?

• 28-10-2004 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I'm talking about, static, dynamic (both passive and active), and isometric stretching.

I find that no one workout is suitable for everybody, and i myself, prefer only dynamic stretching during the warmup period of my workout. With static on the warm down / cooling down.

But many people like to do static stretching as part of their warmup, but i find this useless in my experience.

How does everybody else stretch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

I like to stretch the way Tom Kurz has laid out in his book.
    First thing in the morning just do some leg swings.
    Prior to training throw some light and loose kicks working up in height and speed.
    Isometric stretchs maybe three times a week to improve flexability
    Fascial stretching between sets of weight training.
    http://www.stadion.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I generally don't stretch at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Also taking guidance from Kurz, I prefer to stick to dynamic stretching as much as possible for the warm-up, and a bit of static and isometric afterward to get the aul lactic acid out and to keep the flexibility up (and hopefully gradually improve it). Any time I lead the warmup in my dojo, I'll try to stick to dynamic as well, as everyone else seems to have the idea in their head that static stretches are a good idea for a warmup :/ Even worse, some of them do static stretches first and then fast dynamic stretching immediately afterward :eek:

Advertisement