Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday Markets?

• 28-10-2004 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

I know they exist :) I'm just wondering where they are and if they are any good?

I've a quiet weekend coming up. Anywhere in Dublin and surrounding counties or Kerry

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

There was one running every Sunday just outside Balbriggan (Fingal), beside the motorway on the Balbriggan-Naul road. Maybe someone can confirm whether its still there or not, I'm not sure :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I know of the fairyhouse markets on the navan road.. never been but i think its every sunday. There are some in Dublin too but not sure where. In Kerry the closest i know is Cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

the balbriggan market is still on every sunday, great for your dodgy dvd's (if your so inclined!) and car boot sale at the back. Fairyhouse I dont think is great, very expensive and nothing great for sale. Apart from that there is a car boot sale/market on in Tivoli road in Dun Laoghaire this sunday (thats if not lashing!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

as far as I know, there is a Sunday Market beside Kart City in Santry, just before the ALSAA club on the Airport road, left hand side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Yeah the one out in balbriggan is only for dodgy dvds / cds.Everything else at it is rubbish. Fairyhouse is alright but its not that cheap really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Mother Redcaps used to be the bizniss! Whatever happened to it? Me and my da went around for ages about a year or two ago lookin for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Is blackrock market still going?That was usually good for stuff. I think there's also i little one in rathmines. Not sure exactly where though

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭leef23

there's one in tallaght in cookstown industrial est.
    there's one on the nass road heading to the redcow roundabout just past joels
    and there's on on the long mile road

did that one in tallaght re-open - is that the old windsor motors one? didnt realise that thought it ahd transferred to red cow. Thats handy if its back open again, stock up on the old cheap washing powder!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Miss Mann

They're handy if you're looking for half a chair or cups with no handles.

xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Windsor Market has shut for good. They've all moved down to the Red Cow Market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

PcP wrote:
    There was one running every Sunday just outside Balbriggan (Fingal), beside the motorway on the Balbriggan-Naul road. Maybe someone can confirm whether its still there or not, I'm not sure :confused:

Well i live in Balbriggan mate but im not sure if its still there as its been a while since ive been!.....tis great to get the dvds though!...tis just off the bypass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The one in Rathmines is called Blueberrry market and is just past the church on the main Rathmines road going into town before the canal.
    Bean bags, furniture books etc

Blackrock market is still going strong.

Red Cow Market Sundays but really only good for dodgy DVD's.

Trigger! wrote:
    Well i live in Balbriggan mate but im not sure if its still there as its been a while since ive been!.....tis great to get the dvds though!...tis just off the bypass!

Yeah was last at it 6 weeks ago, mind you a few weeks before that Gards were there checking for dvd's not of an honest persuasion and the fellas selling did a bunk and threw them all over the side of the motorway!

They are actually very cheap €5 each and they do a lot of copies of the original dvd as well as your camcorder jobs. (not that I would know of course!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

€5 now!.....not bad!

They were €10 a pop last time i was there!Werent too bad quality either! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dratsab.live

That Rathmines one is definitely dodgy. Desperate smell of urine all over it. Think it's just tramps and hobo's that hang around there.
    Although been a year or so since I've been and I didn't stay to look around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

On the border there is Clougher market, between Cavan town and Clones, and Jonesborugh on Sundays, just off the N1 before Carrickcarnan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Did anyone ever go to the market just off Parnell St,,, near the dole office??? I used to live in Mountjoy Square and would go down the odd saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The three I know of are Balbriggan thats definitely still there. There is one in Kart City as Draupnir said I have nevere been there but its still on AFAIK and then there Fairyhouse. I was at that one last Sunday it had been over a year since my last visit and it is a lot bigger than it used to be and they have tarmac on the carpark so its not as mucky an experience as it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Trigger! wrote:
    tis great to get the dvds though!
    I'm sure the Continuity IRA are really greatful for your support too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement