Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ross O'Carroll-Kelly

Options
  • 28-10-2004 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Just finished the new one, anyone else gotten that far yet? WHAT is the story with the ending? I'm majorly baffled right now! Gaah!! help, please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey, I just ordered my gf the book online... is the new one the bridesmaide one? That's the one I ordered, it said it wasn't out till 2005 on amazon.co.uk and that the one with the rugby player on the front is out in november, so I thought that was the newest, but then i went to the o'briens site and was able to order the bridesmaide.

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

"...Bridesmaids" is the new one. the one with the rugby player on the front (as in wearing the Leinster jersey) is the second book, rereleased with new material.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Damnit I really wanna read the first and last ones, being in Muckross and all. My friend from Laois was staying with me and wanted to see Muckross and Gonzaga cos she heard so much about them from the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

No, the one with the guy wearing the leinster jersey on the front, i.e. "The teenage dirt-bag years",was first released as" Roysh Here, Roysh Now", is the first one. "The Orange Mocha-Chip Frappuccino Years" is the second book. now theres "PS, I scored the bridesmaids". Theres a new one coming out, i think, called "The Miseducation Years", http://www.obrien.ie/book527.cfm for more. The back page of the sunday tribune news section every week on till then. Paul Howard is a god.

No the Miseducation years is the first one, it is when Ross is still in school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The important thing is, this is in the wrong damn forum

Literature Forum tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

*walks in*

*reads thread*

*walks back out, shaking head*

It's CTYI related cuz CTYI people enjoy the books!..
    Miseducation may have new material but chronologically is definitely the first one. I recently got the mother of all insults - "You're the one person i know who can read RO'C-K the way it's meant to be read without putting on an accent". Anyone who knows me knows that's not true..
    and raph, in fairness, it's FAR from literature!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So I got the right one then? The newest is definitely ...Brides????

I haven't got a clue about them but my gf thinks they are great. She loves slagging the d4 "tossers".

• Advertisement

yeah you got it right...
    don't we all!?

Hahah me too, I can see most of my year (which is 2nd year so its pretty scary seeing as the prople in the books are in 6th yr/ College) in the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

sorry, my bad concernineg the miseducation years. i had never heard or seen it until today so persumed that it was new.the site i found it on said that it hadn't been published yet.

They would make such a funny TV series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

No, I reckon ROCK wouldn't really make for a good movie or TV show. It's the kind of humour that doesn't translate that well. Plus, I doubt its going to happen, seeing as the target audience is the North side of Dublin, it wouldn't be too cost-effective. I doubt anyone would waste that much money on it... Still, you could get on to the makers of Waterworld...

Waterworld?

Lost millions... biggest loss of money in the history of cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Possibly because of the PILE OF ****E aspect of the movie...

pinkpimp wrote:
    Still, you could get on to the makers of Waterworld...
    They'd probably construct a floating replica of the Northside, and move all the inhabitants from the real Northside onto it

Then we could ignite/sink the whole thing! (Yes I am aware that both Aldwell and Zounds are Northsiders)

• Advertisement

And me. Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. (Huzzah for dodgy Hulk quotage!)

Still looking like an acceptable loss, no offence Caoimhe.

God help you if you ever show up at a reunion I'm at...

Raphael wrote:
    Still looking like an acceptable loss, no offence Caoimhe.
    Hey, I'm supposed to be the nutjob who goes on about acceptable casualty levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yes, because we'd all LOVE to sink DCU to the bottom of the ocean.

It would be a replica DCU. The real one would be intact and northsider free!

Even though I do live on the Northside, I'd still have to say it's a great idea.

How about the CTYIers get to pick who goes on the replica Northside so we can save the people who don't deserve to be blown up. I.E. me...

I spend around 40% of my time on the Southside, can I claim dual citizenship, and thus escape the explosion?

• Advertisement

Sounds good to me. Or we could build a big shopping centre, that sold Nike, John Player and Dutch gold and all the 'undesirables' would flock there.............................oh wait they did, it's called the square Tallaght

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement