Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ross O'Carroll-Kelly

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Much as it hurts me to say this, I agree with Holligan....

(I feel dirty)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

And loike don't be forgettin to wear the earings and loike dyin your hair a focking piss blonde!

No, that's Muckross 5th Year :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Who is this Youssef chap, and why is he insistent on getting my thread locked!?

Ok Ok Ok, no more Poshie/Skanger bashing, though what did you expect with a Ross O' Carroll-Kelly thread?

I believe i expected for someone to tell me WHAT THE JAYSUS happened at the end of "P.S..." cuz it's SERIOUSLY confusing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Do Not, I Repeat Do Not Give Away The End Of "p.s...."!!! If You Do, And I've Not Read It Yet, I Will Hunt You Down, And You Will Be Killed.

WoW. That's some good anger there Colm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

oh i'd buy the book and skip to the end jus to see the look on his face. For now ill just guess,
    all the bridesmaids take a massive heroin overdose and ross runs away with a charming ballymun bird to a fabulous halting site on the outskirts of cork.
    Now that would be a wierd ending.....

I'm not gonna give it away. Okay, if anybody ACTUALLY gets it, PM me...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Ok Goys, I'll Stop!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

if you've been reading in article, you already know the ending. i think. i haven't read the book yet though. i'm reading dubliners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

if you've been reading in article, you already know the ending. i think. i haven't read the book yet though. i'm reading dubliners.

yeah, if the picture near the end has any thing to do with the story (only got P.S. yesterday) you'll have known the ending for the past 6 months! slightly annoyed by the amount of stuff thats been used in the article over the past year thats now in the book!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Thats what the books are they are the best bits of the stuff in the Tribune! Jeez Louise

Did anyone read the one about the Taxi driver (we all know they are fountains of knowlege) and his theory that Mary Harney was just Bertie Ahern in Drag?

Thats what the books are they are the best bits of the stuff in the Tribune! Jeez Louise

so you're telling me that the best stuff from the Tribune, a weekly newspaper,52 weeks in a year, less then half a broad sheet page in size, amounts to a 267 page long book! i didn't happen to dawn on you that paul howard was a sports journalist for the tribune before he started doing ross o'carroll-kelly for them and that he was probably writing it privately/hadn't published any of it yet when somebody from the tribune saw some, thought it was hilarious and asked him to put bits of it in the paper every week. So the books aren't the best of the stuff in the paper!The books were before the paper!

If you actually look at the start of each book its says something along the lines of, taking the miseducation years as an example, taken and edited from the mis-education years printed between this time and that time. I am well aware of his sports writing side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

well he said himself if hes stuck for something to write in the paper he jus goes down to some D4 pub and listens and observes. So if the articles are from his experience, and the book is based around his experience, theres bound to be overlap

i dont got the miseducation years on me but you're right. it says in the the middle of all the copyright lealgalities at the start of p.s. i scored, that
    this book is based on the weekly Ross O'Carroll-Kelly columns published in the sunday tribune
    matthew, my apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lizzie

do you have to be from dublin to understand the books or can anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It'd help. You'll see a lot more relevance but it wouldn't be imperative.

• Advertisement

Its works if you know any school that has rugby as its main sport. or if you know a girls school where the girls are faux blonde, orange skin, O'Neills and spend hours giving their hair the just out of bed look. I accept your apology Abe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Its works if you know any school that has rugby as its main sport. or if you know a girls school where the girls are faux blonde, orange skin, O'Neills and spend hours giving their hair the just out of bed look. I accept your apology Abe.
    Recently a much more disturbing look has come out, which I call the "Paris Hilton", the aim being to resemble Ms Hilton. Some pull it off quite well (the look, not being attractive), but I have seen one example where the end result looked disturbingly like a corpse.

You forgot: Too much eyeliner, Ralph Lauren polo shirt (collars up of course), a sharp line at their chin where the fountation begins and the real skin stops, Dubes (I'm guilty of this meself), calling Decks 'Dubes' (again, guilty), turning up at rugby matches just to beat the crap out of some other girls from a rival hockey school, The list goes on....................

turning up at rugby matches just to beat the crap out of some other girls from a rival hockey school

Damn it! I've been watching entirely the wrong match!

That has never happened at any of our matches that I'm aware of. Maybe Rock or Belvo. ;)

Hey, I'll have you know that us Belvederians keep our woman-beating off the rugby pitch.

You mean you've never played Clongowes?! :confused:

Lol. Theres always an exception to the rule.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Oh yeah, I go to the occasional match and there's always rivalry between schools- especially the girls. Alex girls are known for biting off people's ears, vicious focking bitches. Sorry, I mean vicious focking oompa loompas. By the way, hi. I'm new. 17, in fifth year. Welcome me! :D

• Advertisement

*Welcomes you* What school are you in btw?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement