Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lunar Eclipse

• 28-10-2004 6:26pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

So it happend last night...did anyone else watch it?

It wont happen again until 2008,
    I watched it and wondered where I will be in 4 years when it happens again.

So much can happen in 4 years, where do you think you will be in your life in 4 years?

I hope I will have a definite direction in my life by then,
    I hope to be in some sort of serious relationshiop by then...
    I hope I still know the people I know today. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Wow beat you were able to see it?? Nothing but cloud and rain here.... Anyway i have seen loads of Lunar eclipses and one solar eclipse though that was clouded over in portsmouth after me driving all the way there :D clear skies in Dublin so family saw it.. though it was not total here so i experienced the darkness.. the cold and the birds all shutting up for a few mins.. it was eerie and very cool!! Worth the trip IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Saruman wrote:
    Wow beat you were able to see it?? Nothing but cloud and rain here....

Yeh i hear the best viewing conditions were in reality last night ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Sorry to correct you there Beat, but it was the last total lunar eclipse that the earth will see until 3rd March 2007. http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEcat/LEdecade2001.html The weather in Ireland was too bad to really view it here, but I must admit I am wondering where I will be in 3 years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Saruman wrote:
    Anyway i have seen loads of Lunar eclipses and one solar eclipse

the solar eclipse was great even though it wasnt total in ireland i remember it well
    very eery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

CathyMoran wrote:
    .. but I must admit I am wondering where I will be in 3 years...

Posting on boards, wondering where you'll be in a years time for the next one.

• Advertisement

Yes, there will be lunar eclipses in both 2007 and 2008.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

HMMM,
    news reports I have heard over here in , reality ;) say the next total lunar eclipse wont be until 2008.
    You have me curious now.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

BEAT wrote:
    HMMM,
    news reports I have heard over here in , reality ;) say the next total lunar eclipse wont be until 2008.
    You have me curious now.

Sounds like a conspiracy to me! Must be those imaginary people tryin to fool ya

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

BEAT wrote:
    HMMM,
    You have me curious now.

The operative part of that is "over here"......
    The next total lunar eclipse for North America (note: not Europe/Asia) will indeed not occur until 21st of February 2008 (as per diagram 1)

Diagram 2 depicts the full lunar eclipse and its path of ascent in March 2007.

Between now and March 2007 there are 5 recognised eclipses occuring- 2 penumbral and 3 partial.

24-04-05
    17-10-05
    14-03-06
    7-09-06
    03-03-07

Ps- Diagrams compliments of NASA, Eclipses from Astronomy Ireland.

S.

Doh, that is what I get for not reading maps fully... :eek: Fair dues to Shane for giving us the EXACT information.

• Advertisement

CathyMoran wrote:
    Doh, that is what I get for not reading maps fully... :eek: Fair dues to Shane for giving us the EXACT information.

Its my PDF character :D

smccarrick wrote:
    Its my PDF character :D
    Please Dose on Friday? Back to topic - we should plan the weather so we can all see this thing - also, the timing in Ireland was in the middle of the night...

CathyMoran wrote:
    Please Dose on Friday? ..

?? Ok- now I'm confused. :confused:
    Offlist.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

BEAT wrote:
    So it happend last night...did anyone else watch it?

It wont happen again until 2008,
    I watched it and wondered where I will be in 4 years when it happens again.

So much can happen in 4 years, where do you think you will be in your life in 4 years?

I hope I will have a definite direction in my life by then,
    I hope to be in some sort of serious relationshiop by then...
    I hope I still know the people I know today. :)

How very sweet. Did you find any answers BEAT?

I didn;t even know this was due to happen, but like has already been said, we'd have seen nothing but clouds and rain. Loads of it.

:(

Advertisement