Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Handset and Vodafone HSCSD

Options
  • 27-10-2004 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Quick question:

What speed should I expect if I connect to Vodafone's HSCSD ISP over bluetooth? I'm only getting around 9.6 kbps. Is that normal?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

with a (sony) ericsson handset up to 28.8 kbps, with a nokia around 38.4 kbps to the on-network Voda Mobile ISP

you post-pay (contract), which handset are you using and what are you connecting with (handset only, with PDA, Laptop?)

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Yeah it's a K700 and I'm a post-pay (contract) customer. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something simple like a setting in the bluetooth dial-up or something.

And connecting via bluetooth to my laptop.

Yeah it's a K700 and I'm a post-pay (contract) customer. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something simple like a setting in the bluetooth dial-up or something.

And connecting via bluetooth to my laptop.

as long as you are enabled for HSCSD by Vodafone (if so, it should be listed as 'High Speed' subscription on you bill's invoice page) chuck this INIT / Extra Modem string into the Bluetooth Modem properties and give it a go:
    AT+CBST=0,0,1;+CHSN=4,2,0,12

BrianG

as long as you are enabled for HSCSD by Vodafone (if so, it should be listed as 'High Speed' subscription on you bill's invoice page) chuck this INIT / Extra Modem string into the Bluetooth Modem properties and give it a go:
    AT+CBST=0,0,1;+CHSN=4,2,0,12

BrianG

I checked my most recent bill and there's no mention of 'high speed' on the invoice page, so that must be the problem then. Although I'm almost certain that I phoned them last year to have it enabled. Anyway, I just phoned them there and the support team aren't there so I've to phone them back tomorrow to get it switched on.

I tried using that string you posted, but it still connected at 9.6Kbps. Thanks for sorting that out Brian, and apologies to Mr-X for jumping into your thread.

I checked my most recent bill and there's no mention of 'high speed' on the invoice page

yeah - best contact Voda Data Support (18502870000 - work hours) to check it's / get it enabled

BrianG

• Advertisement

yeah - best contact Voda Data Support (18502870000 - work hours) to check it's / get it enabled

BrianG

Will do. Thanks again.

Just as an update to this:

I got it sorted out today. The guy in support gave me a string which he said works for most phones, but it didn't seem to be working with my K700i. He was going to check with Sony Ericsson on which string should be used and said he'd get back to me tomorrow.

Then I remembered the string you posted last night, so I tried that and it worked perfectly. I'm now connecting at 28.8kbps.

This is a great forum - you get faster answers here than from Voda support :D

Advertisement