Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation

• 28-10-2004 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

just waiting for my broadband yokey to arrive in post. curious as to whether it is possible to hook my playstation 2 up to it somehow and use it for online multiplayer games. and if so how should i go about it. any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Who did you get your BB from?

If its a router i.e. has Lan support and you have the Network adapter for the PS2 then yes it will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

eircom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

eircom broadband usually send both a usb cable and an ethernet cable, if youre ps2 has a network card in it then it should work (I dont really know owt about ps2 but ethernet is ethernet), otherwise I wouldnt think you would be able to get drivers for the usb cable (does ps2 even have a usb port? I really should do a bit of research before I post).

hth

Baz_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Eircom have started sending out a USB Modem.
    So if you applied for the cheap option then you might get that one.
    Its pretty much 50/50 atm.

But once u have the PS2 Ethernet Adapter and you get the Dual Router (USB and LAN) then your sorted. Its very easy to configure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

thanks for your help folks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Diabolus wrote:
    Eircom have started sending out a USB Modem.
    Since when? What model? The "Compare our routers" page on www.eircom.ie website doesn't mention anything about a USB only device.

Advertisement