Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Futures....by Jimmy Eat World.

• 28-10-2004 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

What are everyones views so far, seeing as it has been out for a while now? From what I have heard so far, it is pretty amazing stuff. Anyone willing to disagree?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I've had it for ages. But haven't got around to listening to it yet. I'm expecting amazing stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

yeah, I'm surprised that I haven't heard more people discussing this because its an excellent album. probably one of the best albums released this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭latimer

I'm really enjoying it. To be honest, i wasn't expecting it to be near as good as the Bleed American/self-titled album, but I was pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

mm im really likin this album, the second song has to be my favourite jimmy song pure emo real like bleed american a lot of it sounds a lot like clarity i.e mushy and soppy but still great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Brillant brillant album!

Have had a copy of it since last August.. great stuff on it!

'Nothing Better' will be released in the UK for the Christmas... don't think it has the same radio-friendly sound of other songs on the album.

Every song on the album is a potential hit... but my two favourites, and also the two i think will do well if released, are 'Work' and 'Kill'

• Advertisement

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    I've had it for ages. But haven't got around to listening to it yet. I'm expecting amazing stuff...
    I have since listened to it. It's pretty good. There are about 5 songs on it I really like. Favourite would be either "Pain" or "Nothing Wrong". But I don't think it's all that brilliant in all. Nowhere near as good as Clarity or Singles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

Crappest. Band. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

They are an amazing band and wow the album just proves it. Although I love Bleed American, this one is nearly as good, its getting better every time I hear it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Rattlor wrote:
    Crappest. Band. Ever.

Apperently.
    NEVER LISTENED TO THEM TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

Apperently.
    NEVER LISTENED TO THEM TBH.
    lol - how sad is it to call your username after such a crap "poprock" band.

• Advertisement

Okay, how the hell are they a poprock band? Somebody thought that they were punk until they listened to Bleed American, an amazing album. They are emo personified, not the emo screamo type, but emo itself.
    Poprock is what busted and mcfly would be categorised as, but by putting Jimmy Eat World in there is kind of an insult.

The whole poprock thing is only because of the singles from Bleed American. "The Middle" in particular. If it wasn't for those 2 or 3 songs none of these muppets would have ever heard of them. And if they heard anything from previous albums they certainly wouldn't have called them poprock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Rattlor wrote:
    lol - how sad is it to call your username after such a crap "poprock" band.
    Can...you....not....read?

I said I never listened to them before. Why would I name myself after a band I never listened to, or even heard of when I named myself. Are you some sort of moron?

Yeah thats true, but Salt Sweat is in no way poprock at all and by basing your opinion on 2 or 3 songs is kinda stupid, especially when this band have , what like 5 albums (I only have 4). I can see why they might be called punk, but not poprock, and by the way there is a difference!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Pale shadow of bleed american if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yeah thats true, but Salt Sweat is in no way poprock at all
    salt sweat sugar = bleed american

me kinda despises anyone calling it that :P

great band great futures album.

favourite song would be either futures itself or work

any news of a tour lads it would be ****ing great

Cremo wrote:
    salt sweat sugar = bleed american

me kinda despises anyone calling it that :P

great band great futures album.

favourite song would be either futures itself or work

any news of a tour lads it would be ****ing great
    It song was only called "Bleed American" on the American release of it, was it not?

And yes, a tour would be fantastic. Saw them 3 times. Twice in quick succession, and then at Witnness. But it's been far too long..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

in europe after 9/11 they renamed the album and the titled track from bleed american to salt sweat suger for the song and named the album jimmy eat world

Cremo wrote:
    in europe after 9/11 they renamed the album and the titled track from bleed american to salt sweat suger for the song and named the album jimmy eat world
    Oh I see. I didn't know that. Would have thought I had it before that. Hmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i knew it was out but thought it was probably rubbish considering it's made pretty much no impact on anyone. i might have to check it out now though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement