Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recording radio from the net!!!

• 28-10-2004 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

What is the best prog to record radio from the net to mp3? I want to record for example the BBC World Service documentries so how do I do it???

Thanks alot!!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well you need an audio editor like Soundforge but that costs hundreds so check out Goldwave which is shareware.

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/WAV_Players_and_Editors/GoldWave.html

Then encode the audio to mp3 with Audiograbber which is free.
    http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Piff... sound recorder of all things can do it. Just play the station and set the recording source in the properties to stereo mixer and then hit record in sound recorder. Presto. Although it'll be wav but im sure you know how to convert that to mp3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Thanks everybody a few things to think about!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I downloaded a freeware Audacity looks and works great except I can't seem to attach the lame codec so I can save on MP3.
    How do I attach this lame dll file???
    Thanks alot!!!
    Further to my request all sorted now. Went to File,Preferences,File Format,Find Libary, added the LAME file and bingo!!!
    Very happy with this prog!!!

JD!!! :D

Advertisement