Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorway- Blanch

Options
  • 28-10-2004 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

This place must be the biggest rip off ever. They really annoy me, every time I go in there for anything it just has to cost twice the price.

e.g. small can of fiberglass- Motorway-19 euro, Consort- 6.50 euro

I wanted to buy a Pioneer sub from them and the price was around 380 euro. I found the same sub in England with shipping for 185.

If you compare their prices to Consort/Multipart or any other motor factors the difference is unbelievable. The only thing going for them is that they are open on Sundays, that’s it.

Another thing that annoyed me is that they only sell plugs in sets of four, and only one make. What if you have a V6 or a 3cylinder car? You need to buy more then you need.

I asked them to get me a price on a set of alloys and never heard from them. Oh cause they couldn't quote a price right there.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I agree that they are a rip off and that is why I don't even bother going there! They are not just in Blanch but all over Ireland.
    They are more of a autostyler and car care rather than motor factors but the one in Blanch does have a parts desk at the back - did you try there for 6 plugs?
    I also found (the one and only time I tried to buy parts in Blanch) that the guy behind the counter was a total idiot and tried telling me that my car was both disk all round and had ABS.
    I also found that they do not supply a good range of products as you say - they have the brochures and look up part numbers and as you say they don't call you as promised (going by an experience from Liffey Valley).
    I now consider these to be comparable to Compustore or PC World - nice to browse through but much more expensive than everywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

where abouts is consort?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Consort Motor Accessories.
    20 Drumcondra Rd Upper,
    Dublin 9.
    Tel; 01-837-4252.

116 Ballygal Rd,
    Finglas.
    Dublin 11.
    Tel; 01-834-70065.

1A Mornington Park.
    Malahide Rd,
    Artane.
    Dublin 5.
    Tel; 01-8311-853.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Motorway, don't mention this shop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Did motorway in Liffey Valley close down?
    Or did I dream it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

kbannon wrote:
    I agree that they are a rip off and that is why I don't even bother going there! They are not just in Blanch but all over Ireland.
    They are more of a autostyler and car care rather than motor factors but the one in Blanch does have a parts desk at the back - did you try there for 6 plugs?
    I also found (the one and only time I tried to buy parts in Blanch) that the guy behind the counter was a total idiot and tried telling me that my car was both disk all round and had ABS.
    I also found that they do not supply a good range of products as you say - they have the brochures and look up part numbers and as you say they don't call you as promised (going by an experience from Liffey Valley).
    I now consider these to be comparable to Compustore or PC World - nice to browse through but much more expensive than everywhere else!

Oh yes, if ever there was one for the rip-off books it's Motorway..... Consort all the way! Normally, if I have a few minutes to kill over in Blanch, I'll have a look around motorway, if I see something I'd like to get, I check Consort or somewhere online. The only thing I actually bought in Motorway was a brake light bulb, which I couldn't get anywhere else as it was a Sunday. They took €2 for it! Consort charge about 50 cent :rolleyes:

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ciasto

Sleipnir wrote:
    Did motorway in Liffey Valley close down?
    Or did I dream it....

No that was Motorstore, they went into liquidation and got bought out by Halfords. Last time I was in England I went into Halfords and they had a lot of stuff and ok prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

ciasto wrote:
    No that was Motorstore, they went into liquidation and got bought out by Halfords. Last time I was in England I went into Halfords and they had a lot of stuff and ok prices.

Funny that, I have a few friends in England and it seems that they consider Halfords over there like we consider Motorway over here, i.e. overpriced. I suppose it's a bit like the old 'Spar' and 'Centra' scenario; "we're open when others are closed but you'll pay extra because of it".

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

Now i'm not a violent person usually, but the last/only time i was in Motorway, I ended up wanting to install a bucket seat up that cocky little pri#ks arse*!

There was a defect with a part I bought but their will to help/customer service is non-existant.

* (one of the so-called shop-assistants)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

masto1983 wrote:
    Now i'm not a violent person usually
    I love when a post starts with that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ciasto

dcGT wrote:
    Funny that, I have a few friends in England and it seems that they consider Halfords over there like we consider Motorway over here, i.e. overpriced. I suppose it's a bit like the old 'Spar' and 'Centra' scenario; "we're open when others are closed but you'll pay extra because of it".

DC.

I'd say your right but I was buying things that I couldn't get here easilly so I didn't know the real prices anyway. They seemed ok, well we can all wait and see what they come out with.

Advertisement