Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1996 Fiesta reverse light

Options
  • 28-10-2004 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

The reverse light on my mothers 1996 Fiesta w'ont work. I’ve changed the bulb but that makes no difference. Anyone any idea what else I could check to find out what the problem is?, also will this cause it to fail the NCT? Any help would be excellent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ciasto

Well its most likely one of 3 things: Bulb, Fuse or switch.

And the NCT thing: all lights suppose to work so I'd say yeh, unless the guy is blind (they have mirrors to see).

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

ciasto Well its most likely one of 3 things: Bulb, Fuse or switch.
    Also, wiring\cable open circuit or dodgey connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

This happened on my mates 95 Fiesta - he couldnt fix it himself either - had to take it to the garage - not sure what it was but it only cost €15 to get fixed - so it must have been something simple like a fuse or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Get a test lamp from a motor factors.
    Put the ignition on ( all red lights on in the dashboard), make sure you don't start the engine.
    Put the gear in reverse.

Open the boot and check with the test lamp to see if there is any power going to the bulb itself.
    If not check fuses. if all fuses are fine, then is the reverse switch fitted on the gear box itself. Bring it to the garage.

And YES you won't pass the NCT if that does not work.

Advertisement