Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attack of the Clones: An analysis. --

• 13-08-2001 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

As if it hasn’t been discussed enough already, I've decided to throw in my two cents about this whole "Attack of the Clones" thing. I find it a little odd that I'm the only one clever enough to have picked up on George Lucas' little game.

George Lucas is a genius. This fact is evident when you watch the first three Star Wars movies. George Lucas is also really rich. That would make George Lucas a rich genius... and what do rich geniuses do? WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT. This means that he can add annoying characters at will, make up stupid titles, add gay love scenes, etc and people will still stand in line for days without showering to see his movies.

This whole Attack of the Clones fiasco is just George once again exercising his ability to d1<k with Star Wars fans. Stupid title or no stupid title, everybody will go see the movie and he knows this. But while it seems like he is just screwing with everybody and trying to p1$$ them off, I believe there is actually a method to his madness. You see, by throwing in one thing after another to **** everybody off he is actually setting us up for a surprise with episode 3.

Episode 3 will be the best movie ever made and will cause people to actually apologize to Lucas for doubting the logic behind his dumb characters and stupid movie titles. Everybody will go into episode 3 saying, "Lets see how bad George screwed up this time". When they walk out they will be like "The Christians were right, Jesus has returned.... but he changed his name to George Lucas and refuses to comb his hair". So, in closing, don't doubt George Lucas. He will redeem himself within 4 years. Over and out.

wink.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I don't see what the furore over the name is...

I didn't like the name "The Phantom Menace" when it was first announced but now I think it was fine.

2 points:

[*] It'll just have to grow on you... probably.

[*] It's just a bloody name.

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As ong as the film itself is OK, I don't think the title really matters.

"I'd rather have a bottle infront of me than a frontal lobotamy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Now that I think of it, it should have been

Final Fantasy: The Phantom Menace smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yo Mamma:

This means that he can add annoying characters at will, make up stupid titles, add gay love scenes, etc and people will still stand in line for days without showering to see his movies.
    </font>

Jeez I never thought of it like that. I really hope he doesn't add gay love scenes because I am not really into that, I would rather it was, like, traditional man-woman stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I think..(now this is just me) That reading your post u've got loads of good points but did any1 ever stop to think of this:

When the original star wars came all the directors said it wouldnt work..it was a bad idea etc etc. Now George never expected to make any more so he went to whole shhbang with the first movie squeezed everything into it so that even if the rest of his saga is forgotten u can watch this and feel complete (to a degree) Now when the total shock of my god its brilliant struck in, george just continued the story lik he originally planned.

Now the phantom menace is different. HE knew he had 2 more parts to it...so...why squeeze it all into 1 just make a opening movie with what the whole place is like and a inkling of wha to come with introducions of characters. If u watch all 3 of the new ones back to back u'll see together a masterpiece is born seperate they just make above average.

So to recap:

-first star wars was overdone and made superbig because didnt expect to make more (i heard that the death star wasnt meant to be in 1 that it was originally meant to be a prison ship or something but becuase of the belief of no more he added in the monster and few more story pieces biggrin.gif)
    -The new saga is meant to be a trilogy as in all together so 1 on its own is good or not good all 3 together is u dying and going to heaven.

2 cents

Advertisement