Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike--

Options
  • 29-10-2004 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Anyone caught any good ones yet?

I was up in lough bracken in drumconrath, worst lake i have ever fished.
    apparantely they have removed the pike from there and put them into corstown...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

i was pike fishing the last two sundays and caught nothing on each occassion but i hooked and lost a fish of about 8-9lb in weight. conditions didnt suit as the river was rising rapidly and was turning the flood colour but as soon as it starts to go down again,ill be wetting a line!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

fished the pike "boat" competition in lanesborough last month

winner was 22lb

had 3 fish to 12 lb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

have had a few sessions, nothing big yet but the fishings been good, a fair few runs each time i've been out, biggest fish was 7lb's so am hoping for some biggers ones :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 memyselfandi

Lost a monster after a 25min battle 2 weeks ago on Lough Cutra in Gort. Never seen her, she was completely in control.
    Investing in some braid on Saturday, I am fishing Cullaun lake (East Clare) on Sunday and do not want it to happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 memyselfandi

Well I got the braid (Spiderwire) and oh what a difference. Lost 1 small pidedler but landed a fish of 4lb 8oz and i never felt anything like it. I felt every move the fish made - I can't wait untill I hit a "double" with it.

I have to say that the braid was a fine investment. I could actually feel when the bait was not doing it's thing under the water after touched a weed or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

braided line makes all the difference when your pike fishing.......its great aint it?

what breakin strain are ya usin

i got a huge spool of 40lb and iv filled all my reels with it

Advertisement