Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA: San Andreas; from the leak to retail

Options
  • 20-10-2004 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

GTA : San Andreas is up for download on many warez sites. I know I havnet got it ...... :p

What are your opinions...on this ???
    ( this isnt just a thread to tell you that its brilliant and how I love it mucho mucho )

And before any of you anti warez heads jump down my throat I have already bought a legit copy which should be coming in my letterbox this Friday.

Who'll break the GTA street date first? 33 votes

Gamestop
    0% 0 votes
    Smyths
    21% 7 votes
    Game
    15% 5 votes
    HMV
    30% 10 votes
    Golden Dics
    30% 10 votes
    Random Indy
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

most games when they hit "gold status" they get leaked.

halo 2 is available
    GTA:SA is available

half life2 will be available in whole soon aswell.

once a game goes into mass production you get an employee (from the disc maker place) sneeking out a copy and then it's up on the net.

the problem is now with these highly anticipated games GTA:SA, Halo2, halflife2

they seem to make the news more often

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was bound to happen. The temptation of the dark force will be strong if i don't get a copy on release day but I think i'll survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

too much hassle...downloading, chipping...meh

*waits until 29th*

I want to get GTA on the GBA this friday, that should keep me busy :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forgot about the new 2D GTA for the GBA. Well if I can't get GTA on the 29th the GBA version will more than do me for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

According to some forums, its not actually a leak..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

then what is it? some marketing ploy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

then what is it? some marketing ploy?

heh heh

Its the US version thats out and with every major leak making big news, i think its there to heighten the issue to parnets and people who pay the bills.

Odd thing is in US people are mostly scared to download anything as they do get screwed over it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Koji the frog

sounds good, do you know when ll be available the PC version of this new GTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

according to the newsgroup forums its the real deal. some people are saying its pr0n. either way, its all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

I wish my PS2 was chipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The game has already been shippped to stores in Amercia.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

quarryman wrote:
    according to the newsgroup forums its the real deal. some people are saying its pr0n. either way, its all good.

Nope its legit been available for 24 hours or so at least.

HL2 should be available soon, as will the GBA version of GTA (im amazed it habst been put up already). All the othe GTA games were all pirated prerelese and all the ones to follow will be as well.

Rew wrote:
    Nope its legit been available for 24 hours or so at least.

i think genuine is a better word :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

download massive file, unzip, burn slowly at 1x.
    **** that, infact **** paying 60 euros.

i cant be bothered with games anymore, il buy it when i see my friends playing it though, temptation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Dose anyone know its release date on PC and if the PC version has been leaked yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The PC version hasn't been made yet.

Normally the PC version releases around April.

There is a solution. Buy a PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Ciaran500 wrote:
    The PC version hasn't been made yet.

Normally the PC version releases around April.

Alternatevely get a PS2 emulator for your PC

And play it at less than 1fps. I think not. And thats the best case scenario. I doubt theres a PS2 emulator that will even run it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Rockstar has responded to the leak with the following statement: "Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive Software are aware that an illegally obtained version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and images from the game and manual have been posted to various sites."

"The proper authorities are investigating the theft and are continuing to investigate all possible leads to ensure there is no further dissemination of our creative content. Downloading, possession and distribution of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, including making the game available on the Internet, is theft."

"We take the theft of our intellectual property very seriously and we are and will continue to diligently and aggressively pursue this matter. If anyone finds information on websites with links to unauthorised downloads, information, scans or videos, please contact us at piracy@rockstargames.com."

http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=5055

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

So, are there any reports of what its like out there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

So, are there any reports of what its like out there yet?

Its fekkin deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Has anyone actually used a PS2 emulator, if so do they work and how well?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tusky wrote:
    Its fekkin deadly.

Come on, throw up a review. what do you think of it?!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

cheesedude wrote:
    Come on, throw up a review. what do you think of it?!?!?!?

I will once Ive played it more, fekkin college :( I havent been able to sit down with it yet for any decent ammount of time.

Optikus wrote:
    Has anyone actually used a PS2 emulator, if so do they work and how well?

www.zophar.net

There are emulators there but they will tell you exactly what I said earlier in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Retr0gamer wrote:
    www.zophar.net

There are emulators there but they will tell you exactly what I said earlier in the thread.

Indeed ,not muc point atm, some games worth buying this one of them , now all i need is PS2 and i laughing.

kdjac

played it last night for a bit:

camera's a bit strange after playing the PC version of vice city for so long.

graphics are the same really, ok.

world looks huge.

nice addition of stats and uprgades. haircuts. running keeps you slim, eating makes you fat. like morrowind, the more you use a skill the more it improves.

cars seems faster.

real ghetto feel and atmosphere, very L.A.

all i can think of at the moment...
    also, i will be buying the game when it comes out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

if i had broadband and a chipped Ps2, i'd download it. but i'd still buy it on friday.

also, is it actually 3 times as big as Vice City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

With 3 cities (each meant to be the same size as vice city) looks like 3 times the size as VC plus all the country-roads in between!!

Is it true that its a dual-layer dvd?

Advertisement