Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA: San Andreas; from the leak to retail

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

160 in game 170 in xtravision

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

egan007 wrote:
    Smiths toys blanch
    they have 1000 copies
    yeah, I went up to the counter and said "I pre-ordered GTA" and the guy didn't even ask for my name or anything, just handed me a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

They were still selling coppies in town an hour ago, so all you goons saying haha to people who missed out because they weren't up at 6am this morning like some eejits have just come off like a bunch of greedy gits. :cool:

Haha, sounds like it was bedlam this afternoon in town. Was in Game on Henry St. bout an hour ago and it was still packed, id love to know the amount of first day sales the game took in all over the country.

KdjaC wrote:
    Argos selling it for €45 :0

kdjac

Is this true? Do ya know if they have any left, gonna run in 2m morning if they do, maybe i'll ring.

Ok, just rang, not 1 copy left in any of their stores, but it is going for €44.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Axel wrote:
    Nice, whats it like btw? And how much??
    it was 180 in symths with GTA:SA and 10x€5 vouchers.

the pics on the net of the slim ps2 don't do it justice.

the ps2 is fecking tiny and i mean tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

hey how much is gta in hmv?and is there newhere i can get a copy today without booking?and dont laugh like the golden discs guy did!
    :( :mad:

Which golden discs was it?!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

FFS!

There were way too many treads repeating each other. The small threads repeated what was in the large threads, and the large threads overlapped over and over and over and over again.

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT HOW TO GET A RETAIL COPY OF GTA:SA…

This includes where to get the game, where one got it, for how much, with what (free dvd, PS2 bundle, etc)….

THIS THREAD IS ***NOT*** ABOUT HOW GOOD THE GAME IS, OR HOW GOOD YOU OR A REVIEW SAYS IT IS, GO HERE TO TALK ABOUT SUCH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

monument wrote:
    FFS!

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT HOW TO GET A RETAIL COPY OF GTA:SA…

GAME still have stock..or did at 7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Game Square still have plenty of stock, were taking out boxes of SA as I bought a copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Absolam wrote:
    GAME still have stock..or did at 7pm

which 1?? I was in town in college today and didn't even occur to me to go buy it, tried in Liffey Valley but couldn't and now I really want it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I hear there's going to be a secret mode which actually lets you have sex with the game.

Deary me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pretty much every branch of GAME was told to sell all uncollected preorders at 6.30pm.
    /me dreads going to work in the morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

This is in the wrong subforum, of the entirely wrong forum.

GHraH!

Another thread merged.

monument wrote:
    Another thread merged.

Why? puts people off who havent posted in them from reading them.

kdjac

Was in GAME Grafton St. @ 9 on the dot this morning to get my copy, they were sayin they still had 33 coppies to sell to everybody who was ringin up.
    By the time I was in and out of the shop they'd sold about 6 or 7 copies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac
    aye. your constant merging of threads kind of gets on my tits tbh.
    the games board was fine before you started doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

tman wrote:

Wouldn't go that far, but I think the ammount of GTA SA thread merging is a bit excesive. It's the biggest game of the year and people are going to talk about it. Lumping every topic together into the same one, regardless of content is a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

[QUOTE=super_furry. It's the biggest game of the year .[/QUOTE]

If you think that, wait until Half Life 2 is released.
    Ive no interest at all in GTA, so im happy for all threads to be merged! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Half-Life 2 is probably the most important game of the year, but would it sell nearly as well as GTA: SA? I've no idea how big the PC games market is, but surely it's not as big as the PS2, is it?

wasn't the sims the biggest selling game ever back in its pc exclusivity days?
    i'd imagine san andreas will outsell HL2 by a large margin though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i wonder how long it will be before we see loads of xbox's in the FS forum, as people try and off-load them to get a new anorexic PS2. fair fvcks to sony for their marketing strategy too. they just won the console wars all over again without even doing anything. :D

might wait and see what comes of the chipping possibilities and then go for one.

rumour has it (and I wouldn't be at all surprised given the form factor) that there's no longer room for the HDD add-on, but then did anyone ever use it really?

hope the DVD playing features are better on the new one too. it could do with them.

then again, maybe wait for the mobile one and make do with my chunky chipped PS2 for now. decisions decisions.

vibe666 wrote:
    rumour has it (and I wouldn't be at all surprised given the form factor) that there's no longer room for the HDD add-on, but then did anyone ever use it really?
    yeah, you're right. the network adapter is built in, with no room left over for the hd.

the hd loader deelio looks fairly handy...
    i'd prolly go for an old style ps2 if i was actually in the market for buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

shock horror!

just noticed this!

IMG_9816.jpg

the bloody thing has a flip top lid!

so much for sticking it under my telly.

suppose i could go with irda controllers and stick it on top of the telly though.

hmmm.

tman wrote:
    wasn't the sims the biggest selling game ever back in its pc exclusivity days?
    i'd imagine san andreas will outsell HL2 by a large margin though
    yeh i think the sims sold a total of 8 million copies on the pc.

grrr... what's wrong with the world? rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

...the amount of first day sales the game took in all over the country.
    Well, in Tallaght we got 795 copies in and we're all out, having sold 117 copies today and could have sold 3 times that amount if we had the stock.

vibe666 wrote:
    shock horror!

just noticed this!

IMG_9816.jpg

the bloody thing has a flip top lid!

so much for sticking it under my telly.

just wondering, you weren't planning to stick your telly on top of it were you?

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac
    tman wrote:
    Wouldn't go that far, but I think the ammount of GTA SA thread merging is a bit excesive. It's the biggest game of the year and people are going to talk about it. Lumping every topic together into the same one, regardless of content is a bit much.

It was out of control, I may have been a little too trigger happy, however (I think) I've only really merged threads on the same topics (not on what people rant about in the threads, but what the topics were) into larger threads because the same questions were been asked and the same statements were been made over and over again.

Including this one, there are currently five threads...

Oysters, horseshoes and pcitures? GTA Sekrits
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=197500

Need abit help. (GTA-SA) *Possible Spoiler*
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=197250

GTA san andreas IS IT 2 player?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=197127

GTA:SA First Impressions & reviews
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=196604

...I would lock this thread now because of all the off-topic posts - the clutter might put people off reading the thread – but I won’t because I’ll just be blamed for over moding. Instead here's an invite…

Feel free to post new threads on any GTASA topic, including anything covered in this thread, as long as the topic is not covered in any other threads.

Now excuse me, my PS2 is calling me.

• Advertisement

monument wrote:

Now excuse me, my PS2 is calling me.

Bout bloody time , knew you hadny got it then ;p

Btw i think im divorced :)

kdjac

Advertisement