Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA: San Andreas; from the leak to retail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The images are still smaller than a standard dvd (4.7gb)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Kiith wrote:
    if i had broadband and a chipped Ps2, i'd download it. but i'd still buy it on friday.

also, is it actually 3 times as big as Vice City.

its hard to tell but that sounds about right, at least twice the size anyway.

the map is excellent. allows you to zoom in and out etc but much more detail.

the fps seems crap to me though. maybe its because i'm more used to the vice city at 60fps. the ps2 doesn't seem to handle the game brilliantly and can get a bit sluggish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

quarryman wrote:
    the fps seems crap to me though. maybe its because i'm more used to the vice city at 60fps. the ps2 doesn't seem to handle the game brilliantly and can get a bit sluggish.
    heh. i knew the previews were lying about the "silky smooth framerate"

think i can just about bear to wait until the pc version is released now

a list of voice actors used in the game (not sure how legit this is...)
    i've slapped a couple of spoiler tags on in case people don't want to find out about returning names...

Carl "CJ" Johnson - Chris Bellard aka Young Maylay
    Sean "Sweet" Johnson - Faizon Love
    Kendl Johnson - Yo Yo Melvin
    "Big Smoke" Harris - Clifton Powell
    Lance "Ryder" Wilson - MC Eiht
    OG Loc - Jas Anderson
    Mark "B Dup" Wayne - The Game
    Barry "Big Bear" Thorne - Big Boy Emmet - Eugene Jeter
    Jr Madd Dogg - Ice T
    Cesar Vialpando - Clifton Collins,
    Jr. Officer Tenpenny - Samuel L. Jackson
    Officer Pulaski - Chris Penn
    Officer Hernandez - Armando Riesco
    Catalina - Cynthia Farrell
    The Truth - Peter Fonda
    J-I-Z-Z-Y B - Charlie Murphy - RICK JAMES, BITCH! :D
    T-Bone - Kid Frost
    Mike Toreno - James Woods
    Woozie - James Yaegashi
    Su Xi Mu (Suzie) - Richard Chang
    Ran Fa Li (Farlie) - Hunter Platin
    Zero - David Cross
    Kent Paul - Danny Dyer
    Maccer - Shaun Ryder
    Ken Rosenberg - Bill Fichtner
    Salvatore Leone - Frank Vincent
    Maria - Debi Mazar
    Johnny Sindacco - Casey Siemaszko
    Jimmy Silverman - Gary Yudman
    Bettina - Noelle Sadler
    Jethro - John Zurhellen
    Dwaine - Navid Khonsari
    Millie Perkins - Orfeh Barbara
    Schternvart - Danielle Lee Greaves
    Denise Robinson - Heather Alicia Simms
    Michelle Cannes - Vanessa Aspillaga
    Helena Wankstein - Bijou Phillips
    Katie Zhan - China Chow
    KDST DJ - Axl Rose
    Modern Hip Hop DJ - Julio G
    Classic Hip Hop DJ - Chuck D
    Grove Street Families Gang - Solo, A da Business, Vincent Lomax, Gregory Johnson, Ricky Harris
    Ballas Gang - Donnie Anderson, Michael Ralph, Ricky Harris, Darreck Burns, Derrick Edmon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

tman wrote:
    heh. i knew the previews were lying about the "silky smooth framerate"

think i can just about bear to wait until the pc version is released now

Think i'm just going to wait for the PC version to... have PS2 but it at my moms house and my younger siblings kinda think its theirs now, its been there so long.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Plenty of low brow rappers but some great ones in there as well. Great to see Sammy, Ice T (who if you look at Law & Order SVU is quite a good actor), Axl Rose and Chuck D in there.

Younger siblings are there to be bullied. Make use of them before they get bigger than you like my younger brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

The leak sounds like there something missing, like half the game. It coming out on a dual layer dvd so size-wise it should be bigger than 4.7gb at the minimum. An example was Star Ocean 3 which is also a dual layer game but comes in at a whopping 8+gbs. Wouldn't suprise me to see a second dvd SA release or else one of the illegal copys suddenly stop working half-way through the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Seemingly it has absolutely everything in tact..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Where did you hear its coming out on a DVD9?

The images I've seen were about 2.5gb and I've been told its the full game with nothing missing.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Where did you hear its coming out on a DVD9?

The images I've seen were about 2.5gb and I've been told its the full game with nothing missing.
    rockstar mentioned that they had too much material to fit on a single layer disc... that could have just been them talking **** though

• Advertisement

It been in the GTA feature list for a while was also mentioned on eurogamer a few months back linky, there more info on it through googling as well, though i'm not sure if they've changed there minds in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

rarred its 2.5
    unrarred its 4.6

i've been playing it for hours and haven't found "half the game missing" yet.

as i said i don't know as i don't have the game, only saying what r* had said before. If it is only one dvd then great compression for that size of a game to fit on one disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Alternatevely get a PS2 emulator for your PC

show me one!

anyways, they will get their money! don't worry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

CyberGhost wrote:
    show me one!

They don't work properly apparently..... its seem your edit button dosen't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

The game is indeed FULL and the exact USA retail release. Im 78 percent through the game and have to say although at times the ps2 really struggles to keep up with whats going on the game completely KICKS ASS. Really takes the series to a whole new level. You guys wont be disappointed.

Soundtrack owns too, especially Rage against the machine - Killing in the name of. SWEET

WellyJ

Seemingly the music has been compressed down and this allows the image to be only 4.6gb in size..

Any compression was done by Rockstar themselves, the release is the exact one thats available from tuesday in the USA. Its 4,394,304KB and fits perfectly on a DVD5/DVDR. Thr dvd9 rumours are completely unfounded trust me.

WellyJ

Optikus wrote:
    They don't work properly apparently..... its seem your edit button dosen't either.

what? what edit button? what did you mean? seriously, I didn't get the sarcasm!

*edit* just edited this post! it works fine!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Ok, could everyone stop admitting to breaking the law here…

Please report your crimes to your local police station, and email Rockstar at piracy@rockstargames.com – proving both of them with your name and address, as well as a phone number probably help.

Im buying the game on friday, just wanted a sneak preview of it. I always buy games i like once i've checked em out.

No harm done, i also own every incarnation of GTA (Gta1,2,3,VC) so rockstar can kiss my hairy ass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

WellyJ wrote:
    Im buying the game on friday, just wanted a sneak preview of it. I always buy games i like once i've checked em out.

No harm done, i also own every incarnation of GTA (Gta1,2,3,VC) so rockstar can kiss my hairy ass

Don't forget GTA: London! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I like cheese,

haha,

Agreed, more of an addon really though than a Game in itself, but now that you mention it i did buy it for PS1 and it stank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

WellyJ wrote:
    Im 78 percent through the game

You have it 78% completed? When did you get your special advanced pre-release copy? I thought there was like 125 hours or so of playing time, with a strategy guide.

78% = 97.5 hours, playing 8 hours solid a day = 12 days

Are my calculations all off, is the claimed 125 hours pure fantasy, or are you an exceptional talent?

31 Hours in and im 79.83 percent done.

Dont listen to what developers say about how much playing time there is in games. Its an estimate and probably based on some halfwit's attempt at completing the game.

And i wouldnt say im an "exceptional" talent but i love the GTA series and am pretty good at it. Also the time quoted involved lots of unnecessary gameplay and if i had just done the missions alone im sure the time would be even less.

Bottom line. Everyone will take different times to complete the game dont listen to Rockstars biased estimation. They are also the ones who said its on DVD9 and that is BS.

WellyJ

WellyJ wrote:
    Any compression was done by Rockstar themselves, the release is the exact one thats available from tuesday in the USA. Its 4,394,304KB and fits perfectly on a DVD5/DVDR. Thr dvd9 rumours are completely unfounded trust me.

WellyJ
    Seemingly they have been compressed by whoever ripped the game. Seemingly its common enough on DVD9 games..

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

hmmm..... still havent pre-ordered..... what are my chances of having one on fri...?

• Advertisement

jesus_the_gre

Sorry but thats simply not true. I know this as a fact, there are scene rules and release groups cant release games with downsampled audio and not mention it in the .nfo with the release. The game is the exact USA retaill version
    Peace
    WellyJ

Advertisement