Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA: San Andreas; from the leak to retail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

WellyJ wrote:
    jesus_the_gre

Sorry but thats simply not true. I know this as a fact, there are scene rules and release groups cant release games with downsampled audio and not mention it in the .nfo with the release. The game is the exact USA retaill version
    Peace
    WellyJ

That whole sentence reeks of irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Get a dictionary....

And look up "irony"

WellyJ

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Just repeating second hand info so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

TinCool wrote:
    That whole sentence reeks of irony.

Irony? BHAHAHAHAHA! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

WellyJ wrote:
    Get a dictionary....

And look up "irony"

WellyJ

Why don't you take your head and remove it from your ass.

Most people would get the idea of cracking and release groups having rules, regulations and even morals concerning what they illegally release. Now that's ****ing ironic. Then again you're probably only 12 and don't understand the many uses of irony.

Below is the easy definition or irony:

http://www.usingenglish.com/glossary/irony.html

• Advertisement

Heh,

Even Illegal operations have to have some sort of rules and regulations to avoid total chaos. Its hardly that shocking is it?

And nice estimation on my age but you're a little bit off.

And dont begrudge just because you dont have the means to play the game over a week early. You can get it on friday its not the end of the world

WellyJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

WellyJ wrote:

Even Illegal operations have to have some sort of rules and regulations to avoid total chaos. Its hardly that shocking is it?

Wasnt a illegal group operation death ninja SAS squad who released it tho.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

WellyJ wrote:
    jesus_the_gre

Sorry but thats simply not true. I know this as a fact, there are scene rules and release groups cant release games with downsampled audio and not mention it in the .nfo with the release. The game is the exact USA retaill version
    Peace
    WellyJ

There are rules but not everyone follows em. I still cant believe how a game thats 3 times bigger than vice city fits onto a single layer disc when vice city barely fitted on one. Ive heard that one radio station was cut and sound was downsized
    If it turns out to be dvd9 ill get that but the dvd5 one will do for now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

that's because it's on a dual-layer disc...

also i just read that gta:sa has co-op mode. first time gta has had multiplayer, ever... unless you count multi-gta

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

But the leak fits on a standard dvd and by the sounds of it it has nothing missing.

EDIT: Unless the game was just bigger than a single layer DVD I doubt compressing the music would make it small enough to fit on a single layer DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I hear that you can play co-op on it! (that would be deadly) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What ya rolling your eyes at? Of course it would be a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

"There will, however, be a dedicated co-operative mode for two players. During the game, a scene ensues when the player rescues a girl from a burning building. After this act of gallantry, she becomes your in-game girlfriend and also, a playable second character. Most of the co-op action takes place inside vehicles, with player one driving and player 2 shooting. When the co-op mode is opened, icons will display the missions available to two player on the game's map."

"What's more, a plethora of two-player minigames will be included in San Andreas. Unfortunately SPOnG has no specific details regarding these right now, though we can confirm that various parlour games will be included."

http://news.gamewinners.com/index.php/news/2007/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭PaulHughesWH

Anyone know if GTA is out on Tuesday (the 26th)?

I know Xtravision are always very anal retentive about their release dates, and they definitely won't have it out until the 29th.

But how about Golden Discs? They're usually known for having things out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

i thought if the game was pre-ordered you get it a week before every1 else with the 29th being the general release date so maybe there might be some copies out beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

I know Xtravision are always very anal retentive about their release dates, and they definitely won't have it out until the 29th.

it s out on the 26th in the states, i work for one of those companies you mention and the reason why we are so cautious with release dates is that some of the companies have spies out out checking if stuff has been released early the last one i remember is fox and there fine was €10,00 for breaking the release. what we usually do is follow local independant stores which are more likely to try and get an advantage over the large chain stores. my advice for anyone is to check the place where you prebooked on the thursday all recent major games have been released on the thursday even last week with pro ev 4 we got confirmation that it was to be released even before we got delivery of it , so that s my two cents worth of advice, im hoping too its released on the thursday at least then i can brig it home with me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Xtra vision are getting their delivery on wednesday, but the staff would be shot if one went out before friday.
    Shrek2 will be in that delivery also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭PaulHughesWH

How about the independent stores?

Xtra vision are getting their delivery on wednesday, but the staff would be shot if one went out before friday.
    Shrek2 will be in that delivery also.

god im working in there on wednesday and thats the first time iv'e heard of a delivery coming in wednesday ive been doing them for nearly four years and they always come in on thursday, the warehouse gets them on wednesday then interlink deliver them out that night for the next day.

i dont think we would be shot if we took them out early just hung, drawn and maybe quartered

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

i am in exactly the same boat as you joe316 a call in tonday for a chat with my manager may be in order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well XtraVision broke street date for Driver 3 on a monday when the game was supposed to be out on a Friday, so it wouldn't suprise me if somebody put it out as soon as stock arrived.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The big game store chains only break release when a game is hyped and then universally panned, such as Driv3r and Getaway. I'd say they won't break the street date for San Andreas.

However HMV or virgin and the small stores will probably break it as soon as stock arrives.

If shops work on a weekly sales basis (which umm all do)they will sell early to get 2 mega weeks rather than one.

Also joe16 lad everyone PM him every hour asking "is it out yet,is it out yet" then go to his store and buy it off him.
    :)

kdjac

WellyJ wrote:
    31 Hours in and im 79.83 percent done.

Dont listen to what developers say about how much playing time there is in games. Its an estimate and probably based on some halfwit's attempt at completing the game.

And i wouldnt say im an "exceptional" talent but i love the GTA series and am pretty good at it. Also the time quoted involved lots of unnecessary gameplay and if i had just done the missions alone im sure the time would be even less.

Bottom line. Everyone will take different times to complete the game dont listen to Rockstars biased estimation. They are also the ones who said its on DVD9 and that is BS.

WellyJ

LOL yah know i got a certain smell when i read that , then reading this from the official review from IGN
    I've spent the last six pages making my case for why Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is best game I've played on the PS2 thus far, and I still haven't even begun to touch on how much it really has to offer. I've spent almost every waking moment of last week doing nothing else but playing this massive beast and have put well over 60+ hours into it. And yet despite that fact, I'm only barely hovering over the 50% finished mark (which is all you really need to complete the story), and I still have a ways to go.

You must be the bestest!

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Also joe16 lad everyone PM him every hour asking "is it out yet,is it out yet" then go to his store and buy it off him.
    :)

kdjac
    there's no point all our stock has been allocated to everyone who prebooked it before the 20th only the larger xtra game stores will be gettin any surplus so unless you prebooked in my store(which i aint telling ye, the bosses are probably reading this they do fook all else) theres no point in coming near me on the day id say it ll be another two weeks before we get another delivery of it .

LOL yah know i got a certain smell when i read that , then reading this from the official review from IGN

How about the smell of humble pie.....
    The missions are less frustrating this time around--there are still plenty of challenging objectives for you to meet, but the game does a better job of pacing the missions and keeping you informed about what you're supposed to do next. As a result, players who might not have been able to complete Vice City will have a better chance of finishing San Andreas' story, but at the same time the game never really feels like it's too easy. Experienced players should be able to make their way through the game's epic tale in 35 to 40 hours, though if you've been playing Vice City every day in anticipation of this game's release, that number could conceivably fall as low as 25 to 30--which is a pretty lengthy adventure, any way you slice it

(Quote from gamespot.com's lengthy in depth review)

Guess IGN just plain suck at games

WEllyJ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

you must be over 80% by now.

all i know is i've:

done a handful of missions.

raced the PCJ around as fast as i can in a random direction.

got a haircut. (that made my hair longer)

tried to get to the other locked out islands.

tried the BMX in the stunt park.

.......and i'm 4.8% finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I Want.

Quarryman you can actually get to the other islands early but as soon as you get there you get a 4 star wanted level and as you can imagine die soon after lol

WellyJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

so i discovered. cops just riddled me despite my pleas of innocence.

getting to a pay n' spray is next to impossible. not sure if they show up on the map. i was too busy dodging bullets to check.

Advertisement