Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA: San Andreas; from the leak to retail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Nah they dont show up on the map and i dont think they would work anyway, Rockstar don't want you to get there until its time. Just wait anyway its worth it trust me. The second island is my favorite of the three.

I'm finished the story now just getting all my stats maxed and doing all the side stuff i'm at 84% now if anyone cares and you can believe it if you want i dont particularly care either way. just say THE GAME ROCKS though. Best in the series by a long way

WellyJ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

you're gonna have to leave the house for milk or something soon ye know.......

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

will this game be sold out as soon as it's released? i haven't pre-booked it but would expect to pick it up somewhere, theres always somewhere.

gta vice city is the only game ive ever bought and the only classy game ive played. cant wait to get my hands on the new one, i dont really care about missions etc, i just love the freestyle of it all, whizzing about causing havoc and hiding from the cops. theres no better feeling than on that motobike reaching top speed narrowly avoiding oncoming buses and army tanks!:p

roll on friday... this will keep me occupied for a few months. might splash out and get fifa 2005 aswell, heard good reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

get pro evolution soccer 4 instead of fifa.
    and i'd say you could just preorder it today and pick it up on friday (or whenever the hell its released)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

any thing out landish to comment about? hopfully only 28hours 26mins till i get my greasey little mits on a copy. (touch wood)

• Advertisement

tman wrote:
    get pro evolution soccer 4 instead of fifa.
    and i'd say you could just preorder it today and pick it up on friday (or whenever the hell its released)

fifa is much more realistic in terms of sound, atmosphere and stadiums. gameplay is were pes4 wins but fifa for me is a much more complete game. the background just doesnt appeal to me in pes4, too wishy washy.

"sound, atmosphere and stadiums" mean nothing. The whole point of a "GAME" is the gameplay and PES4 completely owns FIFA 05, and every year the same is true.

WellyJ

yeah i agree totally, gameplay wins but its just the very poor realism that turns me off pes4.

im blinded by the glossy finish on fifa and the realism of it. there was once a time when someone came in and asked 'who's playing?' (he thought there was a real match on) you wouldnt say that with pes.

none the less i'll give it a go and see what i think. change is good.

Actually the animation and the way the game progresses and the ball physics are all much more realistic looking in PES. Sure the player models and stadia mighn't be as polished but it looks more like real football in my opinion. But if you like fifa more that ok too, not one to judge ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

WellyJ wrote:
    Actually the animation and the way the game progresses and the ball physics are all much more realistic looking in PES. Sure the player models and stadia mighn't be as polished but it looks more like real football in my opinion. But if you like fifa more that ok too, not one to judge ;)
    Have to agree regarding PES.

Dude, as a side note, any chance of reducing your sig at all?, its killing me in the evenings when on dial up.

• Advertisement

I Like it though :(

Ill see what i can do later with photoshop though

WellyJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭PaulHughesWH

m4cker wrote:
    any thing out landish to comment about? hopfully only 28hours 26mins till i get my greasey little mits on a copy. (touch wood)

How's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Pes owns fifa 2005. And you are not just talking to a pes fanboy here. I owned all the fifa games up to 2001 and have played both fifa 2004 and 2005 pretty much every day in my mates house so i know what im talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

GTA SA thread goes to PEs vs fifa , how exactly did that happen?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

delly wrote:
    Have to agree regarding PES.

Dude, as a side note, any chance of reducing your sig at all?, its killing me in the evenings when on dial up.

switch the sig option off in your cp.

quarryman wrote:
    switch the sig option off in your cp.
    or switch to a browser that caches images properly...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Hmm, ok I’m downloading Firefox now – what’s pushed me was actually IE’s new "security features". IE lets me display an un-trusted site, but prompts every time a Google ad opens, and Google is clased as trusted, with no simple way of just clicking remember this.

GTA Sa to PES vs FIFA to IE vs Firefox.

Best thread ever!

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

KdjaC wrote:
    GTA Sa to PES vs FIFA to IE vs Firefox.

Best thread ever!

kdjac

I pwn you kdjac...

GTA Sa to PES vs FIFA to IE vs Firefox to Tusky vs Kdjac.

My neg rep is ++ 25 HP tekkit.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i heard an inside rumour that is gonna be hmv

Yeh Firefox is wwwwaaaayyyyy better than M$ Internet Explorer, its just a spyware/adware/virus magnet.

Firefox > IE
    PES > FIFA
    Tusky and kdjac..... havent decided yet

WellyJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Id of gone for Extravision if it was on the list ....they stay open the latest so if they sold it to you at 11pm it would only be one hour early.

I secured the services of a PS 2 for next few weeks , ho ho ho ho

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It wont be golden discs.......trust me ;)

neither have finished metroid prime...

tman > Kdjac and Tusky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

well EBgames and gamestop in america have begun selling the game. so far the reviews are 9.9/10 etc. nothing short of amazing etc.

apparently the whole game is free roaming. but go out of the area you're playing, rather then being blocked by a broken bridge or something, you get an automatic 4-star rating (swat team) which cannot be gotten rid of... until you actually clear enough missions to get into that area.

Advertisement