Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA: San Andreas; from the leak to retail

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

retr0gamer > tman

Because well [modesty] I'm brilliant [/modesty]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

apparently the whole game is free roaming. but go out of the area you're playing, rather then being blocked by a broken bridge or something, you get an automatic 4-star rating (swat team) which cannot be gotten rid of... until you actually clear enough missions to get into that area.

that kinda sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

sound_wave wrote:
    that kinda sucks
    In fairness it's a bit of a better system than hurricanes blowing bridges away or whatever: now instead of having to slave through the first X amount of missions to open the next island, you can go take a peak at the place with a risk factor involved, while still not being able to stop and smell the pixellated roses...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I was told that Xtravision have had copies since Friday.
    I'd say that most stores now have it in stock, and I imagine the date to be broken tomorrow, by either Xtravision or HMV.

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'd say most stores would have recieved their batch by now, there would need to be a steady flow of copies coming in to cope with the demand.

Any GAME employees here got any word?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Opera >= Firefox >= IE, never tryed firefox as quite happy with opera (even though its problems with some sites (including boards))

WE > PES (as its realeased before PES) which are >> than FiFa but 2005 is a imporvement

As for tman vs Kdjac vs Tusky vs Retr0gamer i'll give it to Tusky due to the fact he started this great thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yep was playin it today actually!!! wait until you see the size of the map you get with the game. holy crap it's big! im considerin the new pstwo and it on friday! its great fun! two player stuff and everything!!

IGN GAVE IT 9.9/10 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

evad_lhorg wrote:
    yep was playin it today actually!!! wait until you see the size of the map you get with the game. holy crap it's big! im considerin the new pstwo and it on friday! its great fun! two player stuff and everything!!

IGN GAVE IT 9.9/10 :eek:

Where'd you get it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

think he works in game.

kdjac

yes i do work in game but unfortunately i dont have it. we cant get it till friday either! plus i dont have a playstation to play it but that may just have to change. i was playing it downstairs in work for a quick bit but was watchin the manager on his lunch too and its sweet. the two player stuff was kept so well underwaps and it looks deadly.!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

evad_lhorg wrote:
    yes i do work in game but unfortunately i dont have it. we cant get it till friday either! plus i dont have a playstation to play it but that may just have to change. i was playing it downstairs in work for a quick bit but was watchin the manager on his lunch too and its sweet. the two player stuff was kept so well underwaps and it looks deadly.!

Damm you! :D

Game in limerick put Vice City on sale a day early.......hopefully they'll do the same with SA...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

So anyway, San Andreas.

well seeing as everywere has late night shoppin on thursdays it's possible but i know for a fact we got enough copies for all our pre orders and a bit over. not much though. about 15 i think it is so if you dont have it ordered you may get lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I picked up Vice City on a the Tuesday before it came out in Xtravision. I must go down tomorrow. One of my mates works there and might sell it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ive seen a row of them lying on the floor in one of the video shops in clonmel last night. my friend who had money asked them for it, but they said they cant sell it early :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Whats San Andreas??

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Its an Earthquake that stops you from entering the citys, not a swat rating.

Rabbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I work in the owl Vision as we call it, and i know ill be in on Thursday tryin to grab a copy as soon as the delivery comes in!
    We get our delivery every thurs and no it hasnt being in the shop since friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I doubt it'll be out any earlier than Thursday, Halo for the PC is the only game I ever remember getting more than a day early. Big releases like this practically always do come out early though so I'll be going into town Thursday hoping to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is anyone experiencing graphical glitches? i.e. you are driving along and the road textures basically disappear?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Is anyone experiencing graphical glitches? i.e. you are driving along and the road textures basically disappear?

Ah so the same glitch from gta 3, and gta:vc is still prevalent in SA? Thought so. Ill wait for the PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

I'm betting Thursday...can't see anybody waiting til Friday, although Rockstar have promised 'sanctions' against anyone who breaks the date....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

haven't noticed. what bugs me more is electricity wires and cables. the aliasing makes it look really cruddy at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Rumour is it's going to be released today at 6 in HMV. Its only a rumour as of yet but my mate in xtravision and my other mate in gamestop told me the same thing. Come on HMV!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

jesus_the_gre,

Rockstar are blaming that on older hardware and i reckon they are right. Cos i tried it on a fairly new machine and there is much less of that pop up. The laser has a hard time seeking as you play and if it isnt 100% it cant grab the data fast enough. Try it on a new PS2 and you will see what i mean

WellyJ

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

damn i knew there would be a downside to paying a fiver for a pre-order in smyths... (who are opening at 8am to facilitate the games sale)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone else not got it preordered? I'm getting a bit concerned that I won't be able to get hold of a copy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭CitySickness

Smyths broke the Vice City street date last time around - I was able to pick it up the day before release. Will they do it for San Andreas though? Rockstar are supposedly threatening harsh penalties for any trigger-happy retailers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rockstar are blaming that on older hardware and i reckon they are right. Cos i tried it on a fairly new machine and there is much less of that pop up. The laser has a hard time seeking as you play and if it isnt 100% it cant grab the data fast enough. Try it on a new PS2 and you will see what i mean

I'm not trying to insult you but that is bull. The fact that the same bug is in the PC version which has most of the data on hard drive and even more in super fast ram proves this. Saw this happening twice on my mates PC with 1026mb of ram.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

once one place releases it, every shop in the world will follow. Companies always threaten harsh penalties, but i doubt rockstar will care too much. i'd say it'll be xtra-vision, at six on thursday. thats their usual method of breaking release dates.

Advertisement