Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA: San Andreas; from the leak to retail

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Was down in Xtra Vision in Ennis just now. Said they have slightly more than the prebooked amount. Won't sell one to me though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

is that not done on purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

So is it on general sale yet today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Yeh that blur is actually a kick ass new feature that gives a really nice sense of speed when you are goin very fast

WellyJ

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just checked in Game Stop and Tesco Clare Hall and theres no sign yet.

/EDIT Just thought about it, and any fecker that is lucky enough to get there hands on it today won't be going online to tell us about it, they'll be to busy popping caps in asses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

joe316 wrote:
    well im just after suffering a surprise delivery from head office today of our allocation of gta,

I did warn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

nah, I'd come online for five minutes to gloat, then go play :p .... If I got it early that is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

well went to xtravision on the off chance, tons of copies of the game behind counter

not a chace of getting a copy though, usual bull**** cant give ye copy till the release date

release dates never understood them, if ye have the game put it out sell it one day isnt going to make a difference

just more gaming bull for the 12 year olds

rant over

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Went into xtravision to see if i could even pre book it and they're not taking anymore pre bookings, they're not selling it till tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

going into town at four to check around

have two booked in gamestop but i'm getting worried that they won't have one.

HMV broke the release date for Vice City.

And... i rang the xtra vision i used to work in and he said he's just waiting for the call to put them out.

but they only had enough for prebooks.

i don't understand why they would'nt ship more than what was needed for a popular game. doe'snt make business sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I booked mine in gamestop Clare Hall, and like the Xtra Vision post above, theres a big pile sitting behind the counter. The guy in the shop said that they had about 12 spaces left to prebookers, with a total of 200 games delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

thats cool
    i just thought i'd take a trip into town for about 5 o clock to see if they are on sale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

Heads up to people in the Newbridge area!

Gamespot folks just told me they have a limited stock as the numbers produced for the release date are low!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I think i may have a copy, rang a shop in town where i got a few games before and guilted the guy behind the counter to hold one on for me. this is after tryin every other place who more or less told me i've a snowballs chance in hell of getting a copy, because people had it pre ordered since june.

This is all because a friend of mine who isn't really into games told me he'd get it for me for my birthday, so i rang him yesterday just to make sure ( the posts on how good it was realy whetted my appetite ) and he didn't know you would have to pre order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

ah well looks like no one is gonna break the release date :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Looks like they can't break it for actual physical not-enough-stock reasons. Not the usually s***ty legal NDA reasons. That's something I can accept.
    i don't understand why they would'nt ship more than what was needed for a popular game. doe'snt make business sense.
    I dunno, seemed to work for the Playstation2 release. I creates a histeria were everyone must have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Got our delivery here and sure if the public want it they can have it :0

So does this mean anyone who hasnt prebooked it cant get it? I've been buying lots of games on their release date for years and I've never prebooked a game and never needed to so never bothered with this one either, I also know lots of other people who want it and haven't prebooked it. There may be a lot of disappointed people tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

Me too, never prebooked either, always got it on the day of release.

Spoke to a girl in xtravision and she said they have plenty to fill pre-orders and extra's for non-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Does anyone know if this game is going to be released today?

• Advertisement

I'm still hoping to get it in game. Would have assumed they'd have hundreds of extra copies. I've got some loyalty vouchers to spend on it there, but if I have to I'll just pay full price elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

I'm still hopeing for a release at around 6pm. I was taking to some people I know in xtravision and they think there might be a call from about 6pm or later on telling them to start selling. Just need one store to break the date!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

try looking in one of the gajillion threads about it here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

Delta_ie wrote:
    I'm still hopeing for a release at around 6pm. I was taking to some people I know in xtravision and they think there might be a call from about 6pm or later on telling them to start selling. Just need one store to break the date!!!!!!!!!!

xtravision might just wait till other shops close and release then , but game and some others dont close till 8 today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Its out!

My mate just rang me to tell me he bought it in smiths 10 mins ago. i just rang HMV and they still havn't released it but it was the same last time, it took HMV a little while to catch up. Can't get through to smiths to def confirm but I'm head straight there ater work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

sprinkles wrote:
    Its out!

My mate just rang me to tell me he bought it in smiths 10 mins ago. i just rang HMV and they still havn't released it but it was the same last time, it took HMV a little while to catch up. Can't get through to smiths to def confirm but I'm head straight there ater work!

Which Smiths? town?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

He works in liffy valley so I suppose it;s out there. I'll text him now though just to make sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I seriously doubt this.
    I have been ring around all the shops and they are not selling it until tomorrow.
    My only hope is xtravision tonight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Gamestop have stopped taking orders and only have enough for pre-orders, same for xtravision.

HMV still taking orders, and smyths have over 300 for general sale :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Just been to smyth's, knew the guy behind the counter fairly well,so I thought I might be getting lucky..He told me that basicly, their under orders from their boss not to sell it before friday, under penalty of the sack.

Seeing as I'll be out until 11 or so tonight,Im going to head straight over to xtra vision and camp there for an hour. I WILL play San Andreas before I sleep!

Advertisement