Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA: San Andreas; from the leak to retail

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

if you know someone in xtravision, just get them to give you the game, and they can run it through at either twelve tonight, or wait till the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

I don't think that will work. I could be wrong but don't xtravision do an inventory at the begining and end of each working day. So they would see there is a copy missing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i doubt they would check there stock every day. i work in chartbusters, and if i had to do a stock check every day, i freak out. than again, xtravision is way better than chartbusters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

ok i think i'm resolved to the fact that there will be no brekaing of the release date.

so i'll just pick up my reserved copy tomorow

although if smyths liffey vally have it...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just got a call from Xtra-Games in the Square. The guy there told me that my pre-ordered copy has arrived, but I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow morning.

The good news? It's €55 and you get a free copy of Intermission on DVD with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭CitySickness

Any more word on Smyths? I'm considering going into the Jervis branch before it closes tonight (at 9pm)... anyone had a look yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57046
    Publisher Take Two Interactive and distributor Gem implemented a policy whereby retailers had to sign a contract guaranteeing not to sell copies of the game ahead of the October 29th launch date in order to receive early stock of the title.

Those who did not sign up to the agreement will not receive stock until tomorrow, while anyone breaking the agreement will not receive early stock on future titles and may be subject to a week-long delivery delay.

Looks like take wanted to ensure no one broke the release date. Looks like its worked so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

It's not fair!!! :(

The americans released it early so what is the difference between there and here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I nearly called in sick today, my bloody copy is sitting at home doing nothing, I had to beg a really good mate to give me a copy on wed morning (xtra-vision), He wrapped a bag around it and sellotaped it closed, although he did give a free copy of Intermisson on DVD. Finally turned it off last night at 4am........

Id say they are under strict rules not to give it out........ he gave me doom 3 about a week or so before hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Got a call from xtravision saying I could pick it up tomorrow morning.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I don't remember there being a Smyths toys in Liffey Valley.................

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

classic!

just rang my local Xtravision on the off chance and got this greeting.....

Video Dude: "Hello Xtravision [with no noticable pause in speaking] Grand Theft Auto isn't out until tomorrow, and no you can't have one now, and if you haven't pre-booked it you'll have to wait till next Thursday."

Me: Oh, okay. Just out of curiosity, how many calls have you had about it?"

Video Dude: "15"

Me: "Oh."

Video Dude: "In the last 15 minutes!"

Me: "Oh, okay then. Bye."

guess that's me told then.

I remembered too late in the month that it was coming out. I'd planned on downloading it as soon as it was available (about a week ago) just to I could get my hands on it early but I'd used too much of my bandwidth (damn cap).

Before you start getting all moral on me I was going to buy it as soon as it was out (it's way too good not to) anyway, but I might as well wait now.

bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Anyone pre-order from play.com? I heard a few play.com pre-orders arrived a day early. Bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

There's no Smyths on the liffeyvalley web site either.....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I pre-ordered it from play.com a couple of months ago but cancelled it the other day cos I figured I'd get it more quickly in town. People in the UK might have got it early but it'll be at least a week before their deliveries make it to Ireland I'd say. Still, considering the situation with prebookings maybe I should have stuck with play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

does anyone know when the next shipment is due after this initial one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

me thinks its out now, ive heard an ad twice in the last few minutes on fm104 for xv saying they have it out now with free intermission :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

BrynW wrote:
    It wont be golden discs.......trust me ;)
    they had animatrix out first

I just gave xv a bell where i had it prebooked and they told me that they had it but i could only buy it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

does anyone know when the next shipment is due after this initial one?

I was told 2 weeks by xtravision :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Was in Smyths in tallaght, loads of copies there but my mate who works there said they won't break the release until someone else does. The fine is supposed to be really high this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

If anyone is in the Newbridge area and wants to pre-book then had to xtravision in the town, was there an hour ago to book mine. I asked the guy where is the big box of games and he smiled and whispered 'there in the back...I cant tell anyone! So it looks as though the morning will be the day....I am sure there will be plenty of sore throats, headaches and stomach bugs flying around tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I've driven around for the last 2 hours and an hour at lunch time and nowhere is selling this game until tomorrow, nobody.
    It seems there must be some legalites behind breaking it early.
    Swines....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well xtravision stays open till like 10 or 11 so id say if you go in after all the other shops are closed youd get one.

Keyzer wrote:
    I've driven around for the last 2 hours and an hour at lunch time and nowhere is selling this game until tomorrow, nobody.
    It seems there must be some legalites behind breaking it early.
    Swines....

there's always legalities but you see people know they will get the business tomorrow and i know all the game branches compete and theyll want their sales to be tomorrow and not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

What time does xtravision open at in the morning? :rolleyes:

later than game shops

My local said 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Im not giving out, just disappointed I have to wait until tomorrow.
    Got a copy of vice city 2 days beofre it was released in hmv blanch.

Advertisement