Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA: San Andreas; from the leak to retail

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

I was told by a guy in Game that he'd get a €2500 fine if he sold a copy early. Also most game shops seem to be opening at 8.00am tomorrow for the release.

Dogg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Giblet wrote:
    Was in Smyths in tallaght, loads of copies there but my mate who works there said they won't break the release until someone else does. The fine is supposed to be really high this time around.

Heard on the radio that Smyths will be selling it for €60 starting tomorrow - I assume thats for the PS2 version, cos I am *not* spending €60 for a PC game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

can yeah not just wait until 2mora???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

heard through absolute hearsay that virgin megastore, broke the release.....and got caught!Fined and all

Could well (and probbers) be rubbish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

GoneShootin: The PC version won't be out for months yet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Got a phone call from Smyths (where I've mine preordered) at about 20:55 reminding me to pick it up tomorrow for €59.99, but you get a 10% discount with their reward card :)

She also said that they'll only honour the preorder until 6pm on Saturday. So anyone who misses out tomorrow because they didn't preorder and/or there's shortages, might be a few knocking around Smyths on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

met my friend this morning who works as a manager in one of the game stores. i asked him what would happen if they break the release date he told me that if that happened they wouldn't be getting any christmas stock of it to sell

/me shrugs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

WellyJ wrote:
    Are you referring to when the ground disappears and you can see underground? And its as if you are driving on nothing? I've seen that on PC too, Thats not what im talking about. That seems to have been irradicated from SA but i know it was a problem in previous releases.

Yup this is what I am talking about..

I see you can buy replacement lasers that are the same as those used in new machines. Would this solve the problems I wonder??

I have one of those debugging stations with "test" written on it instead of "PS2"..

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I'm working in a music/Games shop. As far as I know nobody has broken the release and there is quite a few games shops near. If they do theyl lose their early delivery date for new releases permanently and stock will be delivered day of sale instead. Most time you get the stock the day before which allows you to organise it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Rockstar have way to much power :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well rockstar are working with game atm. they looked after all of the game shops first then did the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I'll hopefully have it in about an hour. Just hoping Smyths have enough copies to go around. Just remembered it's mid-term here. Could have alot of 12 year olds queueing up with their parents for it. Nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I'm just back from Game and there was indeed an absolutely massive queue. A number of people in front of me had pre-ordered it but then got refused because they were under-age. There looked to be plenty of copies to go round I thought. Some amount of time queuing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Was in GameStop Clare Hall at 8am and things were fairly quiet then but might have picked up by now. 4 of us in the shop and the other 3 had preordered but they had some left and I bought one. at about 8:10am they had 7 non-preordered copies left so someone might get lucky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have to wait til I get out of college. I think I could be going to the *cough* library sometime after lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭JP Mulvano

"A number of people in front of me had pre-ordered it but then got refused because they were under-age."

god almighty GAME actually not selling somone games who were underage.....will wonders ever cease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

how much is the game selling for in Game and GameStop? €59.99

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

+ Bought XTG racing assoc for €10 preowned in Game on Sunday
    + Bought GTA SA for €60 in Gamestop today
    - Traded in XTG racing assoc for €16 against GTA SA
    net result = :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

hey how much is gta in hmv?and is there newhere i can get a copy today without booking?and dont laugh like the golden discs guy did!
    :( :mad:

Interesting, what would you think i'd get for PES3 with rewards card on a trade in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

No idea, but it depends on wheather or not there is 20 more PES3's sitting in the preowned basket, thats what matters in terms of getting a good trade in i think

I see, think i'll just get it on CDWOW then, only €47.99, maybe sell PES3 to one of my mates.
    I'm seriously broke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hey how much is gta in hmv?and is there newhere i can get a copy today without booking?and dont laugh like the golden discs guy did!
    :( :mad:

You shoud have gone to Game grafton street this morning. They had 81 for sale. Probably sold them all off just now.

I bought one at half 8. Big queue.

In all farness, your too late now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

I would say go into game and preorder your copy of HL2...

hehe...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mwhahaha!!!!

Haven't had this much fun laughing at people since Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Smiths toys blanch
    they have 1000 copies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Are Xtravision giving a free copy of Intermission with pre-booked GTA:SA??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I've got that ground changing feature a couple of times, espec happens when out in the coutryside driving over grass also happenend a couple of times in the city but doesn't really bother me, the sudden pop-up can be distracting though espec when its a wall in front of you.

The blurry speed effects are really cool, just try it on one of the highways with nitro boost and feel the speed :)

I've had the pop up problem on my pc since GTA 3, and i always thought it was because of my **** spec, so at least i'll used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

yes, but the blanch branch wont sell it unless you have it pre booked, fools.
    Got it in Smyths in blanch for 53... yeehaa...

Advertisement