Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT + Brake test

Options
  • 29-10-2004 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi
    I recently had my car in full service at dealers and they fitted new front brakes - and rear brakes were fitted last year's service.
    I dont have any harsh driving style ;)
    The NCT was done this week and although it passed, on the brake section it has :

brake performance:
    service brake - 83%
    parking brake - 19% (fail if less than 16)

should the low parking brake % give me cause for concern? should it be affected by the new brake pads or is it measuring something else? should it have been picked up during the service?
    thanks
    mobpd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Could it be that the cable on the parking brake is a little loose?
    They should usualy tighten it during a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

new pads often take a while to bed in my local mechanic won't replace pads before nct cos he says that you can get major differences in braking until pads bedded in.(he's now an nct tester !)

Advertisement