Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband problems

• 29-10-2004 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am currently on the 3 month iol bb trial and was happy with the service until the last week or so.Since then my machine is constantly hanging.It may hang for 30 seconds to a minute,when I turn off my modem my machine starts working normally but of course I have no bb.When I ring iols tech support I get a recorded message saying they are having trouble in the Leinster area.
    Anyone any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Well, I know that there was a problem with IOL yesterday with their service the Leinster area. They put up a quick voicemail advising users of the problems. Try ringing them again today to see if you get a different response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 magnolia

same response today

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Had this prob myself this morning had to restart pc. seems ok now though dl'ing knoppix iso at the moment, getting 55 kb/sec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

There were issues yesterday and another today.
    It has been sorted since.
    I suggest you try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

my connection today keeps dying. It went down for 3 minuites earlier and 16 minutes just a few minutes ago. Kind of off putting, especially if I was gaming...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Big P there is a lot of work going on due to the massive outage.
    I understand its annoying but i suffer from it too.

Just gotta bear with it. :(

Advertisement