Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB - 5Km limit??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

gline wrote:
    well i hope u get it dude , fingers crossed

Thanks...

How long have you been in the queue [go on - depress me!]??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Well i had ripwave in sept and gave that back in the middle of sept, i have been waiting since then, officially the application form was accepted at the very start of October, though i put it in before then, so 4-6 weeks i have been waiting, and no sign of install, i rang them today and they said there is a backlog on installations and i just have to wait, wait, wait

u mite be lucky, some people here only waited 4 weeks or less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

My application was officially accepted about 2 weeks after I sent it. Guess it takes them that long to do the bank references? Also been told all I can do is wait for the backlog (after mast has been upgraded) today.... (there's another thread going for that!)

some people here only waited 4 weeks or less

There's hope yet. Do I get time off for good behaviour??
    My application was officially accepted about 2 weeks after I sent it

S**t - mine took less than 24 hours. They must be getting tired of my whinging :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I was installed two weeks after sending in the application, but perhaps I was ahead of the posse.

Blaster99 wrote:
    I was installed two weeks after sending in the application, but perhaps I was ahead of the posse.
    Ah thank you Blaster99. You've given me hope.

I am so sick of slow connections. Mind you, today I'm getting 41Kb which is a record. I do a fair bit of web designing and it is VERY tedious downloading images and the like that clients send me. Not to mention downloading 100Mb log files :eek:

richardo wrote:
    Ah thank you Blaster99. You've given me hope.

I am so sick of slow connections. Mind you, today I'm getting 41Kb which is a record. I do a fair bit of web designing and it is VERY tedious downloading images and the like that clients send me. Not to mention downloading 100Mb log files :eek:
    I feel your pain :D

And finally.....................

After months of phonecalls, sending in contracts and general frustration, I now have the Breeze service from the Bray mast :D

So, in answer to my own question as to whether there is a 5Km limit - the answer is that the system definitely works up to 6.5Km and probably further.

Many thanks to you all for the advice and help.

good to hear that dude, enjoy, its a good service, ive been enjoy great d/l speeds and upload now

• Advertisement

gline wrote:
    good to hear that dude, enjoy, its a good service, ive been enjoy great d/l speeds and upload now
    Thanks Gline. I had a [15Mb] website to upload to the server yesterday but held off just in case my connection arrived. I'm in the process of uploading it now and the difference [from my old 30Kb] is incredible :D

i know , i use it occasioanlly as an ftp server so i can access my files in work and i can d/l from it in work at over 100k , its great, :) glad to hear it worked out for you

Advertisement