Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Tiger Woods 2005 Recalled!!!

Options
  • 29-10-2004 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

My bro told me last night then couldn't get past a certain point in the game where you have to play Seve Ballasteros (spelling?), he said it kept crashing.

I done a bit of reading on the net last night and found out that EA Sports have recalled the game in Europe:
    PAL PS2 Tiger Woods Recalled
    An unfortunate bug for Electronic Arts.
    By David Smith
    09/29/2004

The European version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 for PlayStation 2 is being recalled, trade paper MCV reports today.
    An "unprecedented disc production issue," in the words of an Electronic Arts representative -- which presumably explains why the game made it through EA and Sony's testing processes with no problems -- causes the game to crash at a particular juncture. As a consequence, EA has asked retailers to return all copies of the game in exchange for fixed versions, which will be shipped within three weeks.

Though the fault apparently generated responses from only 1% of users, EA nevertheless deemed it worthy of a recall. "The fact we're going to the pains of exchanging all copies of the product shows how seriously we are taking this -- we wouldn't be comfortable otherwise," said EA's Tiffany Steckler.

Thats a pretty big cock up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, I've been trying to get my hands on it for ages. You'd think that if only 1% were faulty then they'd keep it on the shelves and just exchange the ones that didn't work!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The new version of it should be in the shops early next month (according to the GAME release date list).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Saw an add in todays mirror saying its now back in stock in xtravision (60 euro with 10 euro voucher)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Golden discs had it back in today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I happened to be in Game Grafton St the day they got the e-mail saying it had to be recalled. They had only just put it out, the guy wasn't too happy about all the extra work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 marcowil

Tiger Woods 2005 is available from Game's Online site at 40 euro delivered for TODAY only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The PS2 version was supposed to be out a few weeks ago but was recalled. Gamestop have the fixed version in now, like most places I presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭irldavem

I got this game recently after having played 2003 and 2004.

I was kind of expecting this but it really is rehashed for the most part. Indeed there are a whole host of new courses this time round, but the game engine does leave a bit to be desired.
    I have also came across numerous flaws, some major, some negligible.

A few of the flaws I came up against are:

-On some of the outwear (the nice outwear), the right sleeve has its lightmap reversed. The light parts are dark and the dark parts are light.

-When putting, the ball goes around the edge of the hole instead of going in, way too often. This is an observation based on the previous games.

-When tiger proofing the dream 18 in the legend pursuit, I had a range of holes from different courses, but 2 holes from the same course always had different tiger proofing from what I told it to. Instead of dark green rough and fairway, it had scummy yellow green. It was fine when I tested the hole, but when I did the full 18, thats when it happened, and it stays like that. I'm sure there'll be other faults like this too.

-Also a lot of the time, the player animations don't change quick enough. The camera angle will change but the player wont do the new animation for a about a half second.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

irldavem wrote:
    I got this game recently after having played 2003 and 2004.

I was kind of expecting this but it really is rehashed for the most part.
    Its EA, you expect something new? :rolleyes:

Pugsley wrote:
    Its EA, you expect something new? :rolleyes:

Nope.
    As I said I was expecting it to be rehashed for the most part.
    I just got it anyways cos I'm a fool and was lured in by the ads, screenshots and other bits 'n' pieces.

The ads on TV are very doctered. (Tiger in a bunker and the size of the bunker is adjusted from 1 foot deep to about 10 foot deep. In the game you can only adjust by a total of around 2 feet)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

oh heaven forbid them being realistic with the depth of bunkers.... hehe... EA are spa's. I have Tiger Woods 2004, and i wonder if there is any difference at all in the gameplay? You should get some sort of discount if you have older versions, like 80% off, cuz 60 euro is rip off.

elvis2002 wrote:
    oh heaven forbid them being realistic with the depth of bunkers.... hehe... EA are spa's. I have Tiger Woods 2004, and i wonder if there is any difference at all in the gameplay? You should get some sort of discount if you have older versions, like 80% off, cuz 60 euro is rip off.

Since you've played 2004, 2005 will be a pick up and play game for you. The gameplay is exactly the same. The only new added thing in the gameplay is tiger vision. This allows you to see exactly where to aim the putt to get it in. You have a limited amount per round. Kinda stupid since it defeats the purpose of the game, so I turned em off.

The whole analog stick problem is still there. Every time you load the game, the centre line of the swing is different i.e. slightly left or slightly right but never bang on centre. I'm pretty sure that the've programmed this in. And it's even worse than in previous versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I got the cube version and it's Luverly!
    no bugs, nuthin....

go cube!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Loved 2004 but had to stop playing it cos of extremely bad RSI, it is the only game that I only need to play for an hour to feel the effects for up to three months, can hardly move my hands after it, stupid button bashing spin effects.

Advertisement