Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Cap

• 29-10-2004 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

I'm just curious has anyone gone over the broadband cap and been charged for it? I'm considering getting broadband installed and its a major factor for me if I'm going to be reduced to 2 gigs a month.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

2 gigs a month ??? It is 2 gigs a day mate ?? Who is the provider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

erm... he might be sharing eircoms 4gig one with another person...

go for iol broadband plus tbh, 16gb cap and superb for games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

2gigs a day @_@
    with whom????

well NTL i think and Irish Broqadband has no limit !!!

what provider are you planning to use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Thorbar wrote:
    I'm just curious has anyone gone over the broadband cap and been charged for it? I'm considering getting broadband installed and its a major factor for me if I'm going to be reduced to 2 gigs a month.
    Go for ntl or IBB if possible mate, large cap on ntl and none on IBB. What provider isit for 2 gigs a month???

• Advertisement

While on the topic of caps, has anyone on IOL broadband + broken their cap yet and have ya been charged for it?

Ive broken my cap by a good bit this month. Damn you bit-torrent :rolleyes:

ronoc wrote:
    While on the topic of caps, has anyone on IOL broadband + broken their cap yet and have ya been charged for it?

Ive broken my cap by a good bit this month. Damn you bit-torrent :rolleyes:

Thanink it is more of a threat but once BB get fully going they will stop the signal once the limit is reached like on some UK servers !!!

BE WARNED !!!!!

Drapper wrote:
    Thanink it is more of a threat but once BB get fully going they will stop the signal once the limit is reached like on some UK servers !!!

BE WARNED !!!!!

Nice one.
    I hate the way the usage thing doesn't update quick enough.

There is now an additional 1.2gig on my allowance since I took that screen shot :eek: and I didn't download anything significent since..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ronoc wrote:
    Nice one.
    I hate the way the usage thing doesn't update quick enough.

Why not traack it yourself using DU Meter or Net Meter?

Cabaal wrote:
    Why not traack it yourself using DU Meter or Net Meter?

I supose I could. There are three seperate machines connected to the router so Its a bit more messy.

This is the first month I went anywhere near the cap. All other months I was around the 8gig mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Dumeter will feck up if there is more than 1 computer on the network. However, help is at hand!

Just install BWmeter (www.desksoft.com). Then configure it to count all data transferred between certain IP's as lan traffic, and everything else is internet traffic. Then you have to install it on each computer, and count each computers internet traffic.

Its not too hard, but it will work. The online counter is just as good, considaring thats the one your provider will be using to charge you with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

is there anyone here that was cut off because of going over the cap????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Moi.

Advertisement