Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Soccer On TV - Possibly

• 29-10-2004 3:26pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Was over in the Maldives for the honeymoon and the Tv's they had in the huts were linked to an African Satellite.
    Super Sport 3 was the full time soccer channel and showed live soccer matches from UK, Spain, Italy.
    One day there they showed United V Birmingham, Arsenal v Villa, Liverpool v (not sure) and I think it was Chelsea v City, all were live.
    It seems they show over 300 lives matches a year.

Now to be honest I do not know if the channel is free or can even be got from Ireland but for the satellite aware among us I said I would post it up anyway, free soccer is always a good thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Are you still married?

Interesting post I have a relative big into satellite I will do a bit of digging and see if its possible to get it here unless someone knows straight off.

P.S. congrats on taking the plunge the best of luck to you both. Hope shes a Utd supporter ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Supersport 3 (Greece) - Hotbird 13 East - 10930 - H - 3/4 - Irdeto 2

Supersport 3 Sth Africa (Greece) - W4 36 East - 12207 - H - 3/4 - Irdeto 2

Supersport 3 Sth Africa - PAS 7 68.5° East - 11090 - V - 5/6 - Irdeto 2

http://www.satfootball.com/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"P.S. congrats on taking the plunge the best of luck to you both. Hope shes a Utd supporter "

Thanks lad, she is now!!! ;)

Fair play Eireboy, I am renting at the mo so cannot invest in a big satellite until I have finished our own hut but if anyone is interested in telling the frequencies then let us know the results.

I cannot find out if it free though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

yop wrote:
    "P.S. congrats on taking the plunge the best of luck to you both. Hope shes a Utd supporter "

Thanks lad, she is now!!! ;)

Good Man . Mine too ,she used to be a liverpool supporter it took me ages to ween her off them.
    :D

A honeymoon watching footy sounds cool to me but did nobody give you the big talk before you got hitched ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It isnt free. Therre was lots of free to air premiership footie last season but it is all gone this year barring NTV Turkey @ 42east. However! Put up a 80cm dish or larger, point it at 13east (or put it on a motor) and get a reciever with an embedded viaccess cam or plug in viaccess cam and get a 6month ART card for about 200euro and ya have 2 games every saturday with english commntary. There are other ways but I darent say ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I was over in Prague in august and they were showing this channel in a sports bar there. They showed all the premiership games on the first weekend there.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"A honeymoon watching footy sounds cool to me but did nobody give you the big talk before you got hitched ?"

Nope lad, we held hands for the first, mighty so it was!! ;)

"It isnt free"

Fek

"There are other ways but I darent say "

feel free to PM me the details. You are fairly well up on this setup, have u this setup at home

Advertisement