Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

window installation errors! Pls help!

• 29-10-2004 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,
    I have two os on my system. winxp pro and win2k.
    3 months ago, "the death blue screen" incident happened.
    The error ms is something like this:
    .."stop.. address bfd381f2 base at bfd1a000... date stamp 38437 eds-ntfs.sys"...
    Then just last week, I got a win2k boothable cd. Changed the bios setting, it ran aright, but when it came to the installation step, "the death blue screen" appear again, saying something like "symc8xx.sys is corrupted, run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruptio..disable or unstable any anti virus, change hardware confuguration, etc...."

What should I do? And How? Pls help! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Do what it suggested and run chkdsk, for starters.

I'm unclear, besides that, as to what exactly you're doing. Are you reinstalling Windows 2k?

Help us help you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tuhubon

Hi, thanks for the suggestion!
    Sorry If I'm asking stupid questions, but how do I run "chkdsk" and other thingys. And yes, I'm trying to format everything and reinstall win 2k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Can you still get access to windows? If so uninstall any Antivirus software you have or at least disable it.
    Press the WinlogoKey + E->Right click on the hard drive->properties->tools->check now.

If this fails

There’s a program called Kill disk download it to a floppy (is a very small file) run from the command line and this program will get rid of everything on your disk including partitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tuhubon

Will it then allow me to install win2k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

yes

• Advertisement
Advertisement