Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Picture Quality on 32" Philips Widescreen

Options
  • 29-10-2004 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

I have a question, i've noticed on my T.V that certain PS2 Games look very pixelated an example would be Pro Evolution 3 but then other games such as the original Medal of Honour look fabulous on the screen.

Model no. is as far as I am aware 32" 100Hz Widescreen TV 32PW8719/05
    (i can't dig up the booklet)

Now when i bought it, nearly a year ago now, with a Stand and DVD player all in all it set me back 1300.

I was expecting to see very good quality on the PS2, it does not bother me too much as DVD quality is superb and thats the T.V's main use, television also looks great, so why not the PS2?

Is it the fact that the T.V is not so great and simply cannot display the picture well, or is the PS2 and low res?

I'd really apreciate if someone could shed some light on the matter.
    (as it will most likely decide whether i am going to sell it or hold on to it for a while yet)
    Thanks a mill

Samba

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Are you forcing games into widescreen? Many games still don’t have widescreen modes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

no, nothing, I always make sure i have it set up right, another example is GTA San Andreas my flat m8 just got his copy and the picture quality is Abysmal, i don't understand, why is T.V, DVD amazing quality and on certain PS2 games it's awful? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Strange - I have the same tv Philips 32" 100hz & my copy of San Andreas is very good - even forced to widescreen.

Presume you're running scart between the two ? - check the connectors are in good shape, I had to replace a lead last year after suffereing a similar problem & it solved it.

Advertisement