Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 new design

Options
  • 29-10-2004 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Went into Gamestop in Kilkenny this evening, and asked for a ps2. Got a free game with it (I think) and picked up a copy of San Andreas aswell. When I got home, opened the box and took out the controller and various cords etc., then took out this thing about the depth of 2 dvd's. If even that. Though to myself, "huh, must be the manual." Then I opened it and realised it was the ps2! Its tiny! It's like one of those really small portable dvd players. Like...really really small! Anywho, off to give SA a blast. Just thought ya'll would like to know what it's like (yeah I know my description consisted of "It's tiny!").

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I've seen pics, it looks the biz and apparently there's no more super loud fan! What price is it retailing at?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

150 euro

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, had it on display in work today, its height wise its about 1 1/2 DVD cases (or less!) hardly even 2 thick and 1 1/2 wide... beautiful looking tbh... am so tempted to buy one, but in reality it will only be for 1 game :D

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

884180-l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They're pretty.
    One of the girls I work with is punishing her boyfriend for being an ass by making him buy her one of these for Christmas. Now that's what I call payback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

Even I want one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Yeah that big nasty fan's gone. Although it does seem to heat up quiet a bit more than the original. Nothing to worry about though, and another surprise I got was when I pressed the "Eject" button. Nothing popped out - it flipped up! Heh, it's so like..loveable! Even for someone like me who hates nearly everything. And it looks even tinier beside my HUGE Xbox. Or maybe it just looks HUGE because the ps2's tiny..hmm...
    And it doesn't have the standard power cord either, there is a standard one with it, but there's a 8.5 volt adapter that plugs into the ps2 - which then plugs into the standard power cord. All in all, tis pretty cool. I'm farely excited about the PSP now considering what they've done with this. I've a brother who co-ownes Demonware (*stands up proudly* - google it), which does all the middleware development for various things (ps3, xbox 2 etc) and apparently he says the PSP is coming along really nicely, only drawback is the wireless gaming thing, but they're fixing that.
    Anywho, enough of my bragging. Back to San Andreas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Have they improved the DVD playback on it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I wish they'd redesign the Xbox and make smaller!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I wish they're redesign the Xbox and make smaller!

There are still rumours floating around that they're going to redesign it for the Asian market, a bit late IMO, they won't followers at this stage.
    The Xbox 2 is going to be smaller, or so Mircosoft have said... I just hope they don't sacrifice the hard drive (I'd prefer another beast of a machine for the sake of a hard drive tbh)

flogen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Any link to this new PS2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

It will be mine.

Oh yes,

It will be mine...

Advertisement