Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol Prices

Options
  • 29-10-2004 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Jez just went to get a fill up tonight and i find Statoil now charge 1.03.99 per Lt only last week it was 98.99 and all the Statoil garages seem to charge the same. 55 euro to fill the car!!!!! how come the price of petrol has gone up so much in a week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep but in real terms we're actualy paying less now than 30 years ago! The cheapest I have seen lately is about 97 but often as high as 104. Still the variations are small compared to the USA check this-
    http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgas_index.asp

Mind you the average works out at about 35 eurocent per litre!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ciasto

I just came back from Tesco and the price there is 95.9. I drive a small car thou so I don't feel the impact that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ciasto wrote:
    I just came back from Tesco and the price there is 95.9. I drive a small car thou so I don't feel the impact that much.

Fine if you don't mind sitting in a queue for half an hour for your fill . If you shop at Tesco you can get another 5c per litre off if you produce your receipt.

It's gone up a lot lately but I'm told its still a lot cheaper here than it is in some other european countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We have the 3rd cheapest petrol in western Europe I think. btw Tesco are opening thier Waterford filling station soon (at thier outer ring road site).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I read in the Indo that the price of crude slumped a good bit during the week becuase US reserves are higher than expected due a milder than usual spell of weather. I wonder will the prices drop as quickly as they increased...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭jlang

Redshift wrote:
    I read in the Indo that the price of crude slumped a good bit during the week becuase US reserves are higher than expected due a milder than usual spell of weather. I wonder will the prices drop as quickly as they increased...
    Unfortunately, there's a delay of up to 6 weeks before the crude price affects the pump price (depending on the season and other factors) so it's likely to go up a bit more before it comes down, even if the crude price continues to fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

can anyone shed any light on the closing of the gap between petrol and diesel? i saw statoil charging 99.9 for both, not so long ago there was almost a 10c difference in the prices

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ubu wrote:
    can anyone shed any light on the closing of the gap between petrol and diesel? i saw statoil charging 99.9 for both, not so long ago there was almost a 10c difference in the prices
    Part of it will be the availability of each on the international market and the availibility of crude oil that is high in one or the other.

Another factor is what people are willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Advertisement