Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mysterious digiweb wireless

Options
  • 29-10-2004 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

i cant figure out digiweb - i live in kilkenny and need a wireless broadband - on their site it says that it's in prelaunch - however when i rang the other day they said that it would be at least a year - then i got my wife to ring yesterday and they said it would be this december - in the past i have had several similar experiences - i have been told that it would not be up for ages - then heard that it would be live in a few weeks - i wont bore you but it seems noone there has the faintest idea when the wireless broadband will be up in kilkenny - has anyone had a similar experience with them - i am a bit worried about what their service is going to be like ??? :eek:

ps is it true that the licence expires in november if it's not live by then ??

ps anyone know of any of the other wireless operators coming live in my area soon ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you don't mind the hobbyist approach, IrishWAN has some wireless coverage in Co Kilkenny. Ask here: http://www.irishwan.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=33

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

thanks but to be honest i do a lot of work over the internet usu involving uploading and downloading either music files or music software and afaik they are not to keen on that kind of thing because it translates as one person hogging the pipe -- plus i wouldnt have hardly any time to dedicate to the group so i'd feel like a bit of a passenger - but thanks anyway - if i dont have any other option then i will look into it of course but digiweb in the last conversation said they'd be live b4 christmas - anyone care to comment on this :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I e-mailed Digiweb via their website to find out when the service was coming to Waterford and I got a reply the next day telling me the exact date they would be launching. Fair enough, they were launching later that week, but you might give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

From what I remember the different operators need to have a commercial product available by the end of March 2005. By available I mean, I/you have to be able to order it and get an install date from the operator. If this isn't the case the licences be taken from them and put to tender again.

Paul

p.s. I believe this is the case for all the operators, ibb, digiweb etc

Advertisement