Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying & Bringing an XBOX back on a plane

Options
  • 30-10-2004 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭

Seeing as I can get better deals overseas I'm wondering if it's ok to bring an XBOX back in your suitcase or has anyone done it before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

is this when you taking your trip to manchester (read from other thread about your computer prob.)

if it is then you'll have no problem but i wouldn't put in a case as check in luggage as you don't see the bag from the time you check in til the time you collect it again. if possible bring as hand luggage in a hold-all bag

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Stick it in your suitcase and everything will prob be dandy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

You'll need to set aside some space to fit the thing for your homeward journey. May I suggest the fine fellows at the European Space Agency, they delivered my XBox as below!

KSC-80P-0337.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

lol nice.
    I guess its from england?otherwise needs chiping and all that.you know yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nah not this weekend. I'm heading off to Madrid again after a brilliant time last weekend over there. I shall see when I get there if I have enough room to bring one back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Any idea of the price of an Xbox in Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've been over to Madrid 4 times this year... I was never particularly impressed with the prices of games. But then, I wasn't looking at xBoxes...

Just don't buy from El Corte Ingles... if something doesn't work, then they aren't very good at replacing or repairing it.

Personally I wouldn't see the point in buying from another country, unless it is a huge saving. Otherwise if something goes wrong, it's just too much hassle.

(that said I do have a Nintedo DS preordered.. ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

(that said I do have a Nintedo DS preordered.. ha)
    Ah yes but that's because Nintendo are being stupid and don't knwo about Europe. :(

As for the OP, just make sure it doesn't look like a bomb. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I bought my playstation2 in Australia over 2 years ago. it only cost me aus$300 (bout E150) pre-chipped and i came back with me grand in the suitcase (though don't know how it wasn't smashed up after that long journey) and still serves me grand to this day :), was gonna buy a x-box but the weight of my suitcase was over 40lbs (got a very heavy labe; :)) so x-box wudda pushed that way over.

Advertisement