Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number porting question

Options
  • 30-10-2004 2:34am

I ported my 086 number from O2 to Vodafone this morning, as Vodafone seems to be cheaper in my situation.

I'm curious though, is there any minimum time that I'll have to keep the number with them? Just wondering what my options are if I decide that Vodafone isn't for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I dont think there is with prepaid. There would probably have been a contract involved if its pay monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

if its prepaid you can do what you like , you can move it back this afternoon to 02 or maybe to meteor on monday if you really wanted! You can move numbers as often as required thats supposing that on of the networks FMNP hasnt crashed.....

That's good to know, thanks :) I'm on prepaid so I'm ok.

Seems to me like I have problems with every network other than O2. For some reason I can't use my phone beside my PC with Vodafone, it goes into Emergency Only mode. Even when it doesn't the other person can barely hear me. I still like O2 but they're too darn expensive.
    And Vodafone Live doesn't work because my new phone "isn't approved for the network." It's a Motorola V300 and they only support the V525 (despite the phones being identical in every way except the bluetooth support).

Not a good start. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I'm with vodafone too at the moment on a bill and find using GPRs/vodafone live really expensive, they have a min charge for using GPRS which metor doesnt and for some reason meteor always seemed much cheaper when I was with them.

when bill is up plan to move back to meteor, I also had a V300 and had alot of hassle with it, so changed to vodafone and got a sony erricsson, phoneis great but bills costing a bom, so yeah you cant win!

I switched to Vodafone since the Ready to Go More to Say tarriff seemed quite good. But the 30c minimum call charge keeps hitting me hard. So I agree with you totally, you can't win. :(

I was with Meteor on a different number for about 4 months. I thought they were great but in this area there were a lot of reliability problems. I was unable to receive calls for about four days while on O2 roaming. I'd choose Meteor over the other two anytime, but only if I was in an area which isn't dependent on roaming.
    In fairness to them, GPRS is a whole lot cheaper. With O2 it costs an absolute bomb. And Vodafone have the minimum charge too as you said. No internet APN on Ready to Go either, so can't check my e-mail on my phone, which I used to do a lot with Meteor.

*Just as I wrote this my phone went into Emergency Only mode again. Even Meteor had better coverage in this part of my house, grr.*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

just to mention on post-paid O2 offer a range of GPRS tariffs for handset use, which can work out cheaper than the post-paid offering from Meteor at Eur 2.50 per 1/2 MB and Vodafone's single 3MB option for personal (pay-monthly) handset users (to get a better rates on Vodafone's you need to use one of their GPRS PC Cards)

BrianG

Advertisement