Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where else are you posting?

Options
  • 30-10-2004 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I've recently found myself posting more and more in non-CTYI threads. I wonder how many of you are doing this. I know this sounds like a complete noob thread but I think it might be a good way of seeing the different things we're all intersted in.

Just put a link to any forum or thread you've contributed to.

Also suggest forums and threads for others to visit.

I'll start. Those of you in my RA group will remember my self-introduction going something like, "My name is Kevin Phelan, I'm doing... blah... blah... blah... and I have a passion for film."
    On that note, here is my Horror Film Forum thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=195401

I've also started posting on the general Films Forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Enjoy! :D

P.S. The "What movie did you watch last night?" thread is quite fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well, I post in random places sometimes (eg if I see an interesting thread on the main page in a forum I don't usually go to), but here be my subscribed forums, and it's quite probable I've posted in there at some point.
    Dublin City
    English
    Fashion/Appearance (this provides interesting debates from time to time... or just a lot of fashion slagging, but oh well)
    Gaeilge (Irish)
    Instruments (although this is just complicated guitar/bass/amp stuff ALL THE TIME so it's not particularly interesting)
    Junior Cert
    Tattoos/Piercings

And also After Hours if there's a good topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

SubbedList.jpg
    Meh Subbed list. I don't go to IJC, or SA. Just cba removing them from the list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

sublist2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

After Hours and CTYI mostly. I occasionly(sp?) wander into the Personal Issues forum for a laugh. I'm also on www.collarsup.net great for watching people slagging anyone who is in any way different.

I occasionly(sp?) wander into the Personal Issues forum for a laugh. I'm also on www.collarsup.net great for watching people slagging anyone who is in any way different.
    /me walks away before he says something he may get banned for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ha ha I don't partake in the knacker-bashing/ My father's lawer's better than YOUR father's Lawer conversations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

collarsup.net was good when it was like, 20 people, and i knew most of them. then all these actual princesses and jocks and such started on it and i was outta there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Tattoos/Piercings
    Rock/Metal
    Instruments (Not as nerdy as PFM says and usually has some good discussion going)
    Bands/Musicians
    CTYI
    FS Tickets (Getting more useless every time I see it)

To be honest I don't see much point in this. If you want to find other forums just browse the lists for any you think look good. Places like the Instruments and Tattoos/Piercings forums aren't going to interest that many people.
    Meh, I'm bored though so I posted anyway. :p

Instruments (Not as nerdy as PFM says and usually has some good discussion going)
    Yes, if you actually KNOW things about guitars. And if long nonsensical streams of numbers and every so often an X make sense to you.

But what can you do.

Who posts TAB on the Instruments board? :confused: It happens every now and then but not as a rule. Plus, I generally go there for either advice, to see if anyone can use mine, or to just have a decent discussion. I like it. It's kind of like the CTYI board meets Musician Inc.

• Advertisement

Didn't mean tabs (although I can see where you got that), I can actually read tabs. I just mean the constant references to guitar models ALL THE TIME.
    In other musicians forums I used to go to they were a little less.. exclusive. It was more discussing performing and things which anyone can join in even if they've never played the RandomGuitar3457203 with a RandomAmp987543.

Feel my bitterness! (I'm just jealous of all the nice guitars.)

I have a nice guitar. ;) Ibanez RG270DX :p
    Oh yeah, elitism at its finest. Bands/Musicians sounds like something you might like then. Instruments is more a technical discussion place than anything.

Stupid technicality.
    Well, I'll just bring up some obscure violin complaint... and then discuss it with myself... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i stick to the film, and the fashion/appearance forums. mostly.

RandomAmp987543.
    amptest.jpg

[/injoke]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm locking this thread. just because i dont want more CTYI'ers encouraged out towards the big boards world - it generally ends badly - and while i laugh this thread also irritates me and i havent locked anything in a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement