Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The corporation

• 30-10-2004 8:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Every man and woman in the world should see this film imo. Its an eye opening experience for even those who would consider themselves to be "educated"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 darksphere

Yeah, was pretty good. Except I think Michael Moore got a little too much screen time to be honoust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Brenner

I agree.

Every person in the world needs to see this film in order to become aware...

I watched it last night and I was totally gobsmacked, *****, f-ing excellent film, complete spin-out, great idea.

why shouldn't michael moore get air time? eh?

anyway, I didn't think he featured too much in the film, saw him about 4-5 times I reckon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just back from this. Some interesting stuff here. Over various years I was aware of a lot - gene patenting, the Cathy Lee Gifford sweatshops - but there was plenty of new information (e.g. the twisting of the 14th ammendment to make the corporation a person). Michael Moore, despite what I thought going into this, didn't get too much screentime and we were left with some interesting other speaks as well, such as Noam Chomsky. And it wasn't too imbalanced either, as it acknowledged how an individual may have good intentions, and even showed a more forward-thinking CEO in the carpet firm.

It certainly raises some interesting moral issues and painted a pretty poor picture of capitalism. One thing I would have liked a little bit more on, which was only hinted at now and then, was the more stringent conditions some other countries place on corporations. The EU is less corporate friendly, in regards to some environmental issues for example, than the US but it painted the whole first world as the same... or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part. The movie would sure aid the cynic in me, a point Moore made quite well when he pointed out the movie moguls releasing his movies that are against them and their practices.

I wanted some intellectual food to chew on and I got it. Instead of seeing 'Exorcist: The Beginning', I'd recommend people take time out and have a look at this piece. It may be a bit long, slightly one-sided at times, but it raises some pertinent issues about how our society runs today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

I should have read your post and saved my money, I went to see Eorcist:The Begining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Juggalo wrote:
    I should have read your post and saved my money, I went to see Eorcist:The Begining.
    I have some paint drying if you're interested? :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement