Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Season 4, Episode 4: Borderland [Spoliers]

Options
  • 30-10-2004 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

If you missed the episode here is a detailed Epsiode Guide Thanks to StarTrek.com

Well Dr Sogn is in this episode as far as i unserstand played by brent speiner i heard it was good from some pppl in US so i am looking forward to it however i am concerned that it might be a 3 parter and then the episode after that is a 3 parter aswell mabe hmmmmmmm. ye i just checked we have 2 3 parters comming up for the next 5 weeks

Rate This Episode 9 votes

Amazing
    0%
    Good
    11%
    Round Cable 1 vote
    Ok
    66%
    SimiazezilmacronotUser45701[Deleted User]c_man 6 votes
    Bad
    11%
    Kevok 1 vote
    You Wasted 44 Mins of My Life And I Want Them Back
    11%
    Stark 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

Good
    More like this PLEASE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I like the augments they kicked some klingon ass at the start and are the kind of villians you could really like .The klingon bop looked very nice retro enough to work however it seem's more heavly armed than it's 24th centure brother which is a bit odd the Orion ships looked to modren kinda like the romulan valdour which didnt suit tbh also the big show wasnt great he mummbles to much he should of just been given a "stand there and look big" role with out talking but other than that it was a great ep.

10/10 :eek: cant wait for next week
    i am concerned that it might be a 3 parter and then the episode after that is a 3 parter aswell mabe hmmmmmmm. ye i just checked we have 2 3 parters comming up for the next 5 weeks

Shock horror! there mini arcs you can do a lot more in the way of stories if you string more than one episode together i fail to see how this could be cause for concern

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ok
    its a cause for concern becuse half way trhough a US season they take a brek if they take a break half way though a episode like they did last time with anzati prime i will kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

just watched that there, good ep, the lead guy of the augments seems familiar but can't place him

always good to see hertzler howerver briefly. Spiner was good though i did find his character, mannerisms annoying sometimes as was the acting of the petrified ensign.

tbh i thought we where getting a stand alone ep which started well with the kilingon ship, then cut to spiner who i didn't recognize for second and while its nice to link into the whole universe thought we where getting something brand new

god i'm tired. thought spiner was khan noonien singh for a that whole ep, not soong presumeable related to data's creator?

good ep overall

data

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Ok
    good episode, i thought at the start when the guy said "who am I", he'd say khan :)

• Advertisement

Good
    Dataisgod wrote:
    just watched that there, good ep, the lead guy of the augments seems familiar but can't place him

By any chance Drogan from Angel season 5? Or from the dune mini-series.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

It went to warp in the solar system /me cries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Ok
    KHAN!!! I really thought this episode was heading that way. Any1 else think the orion quys looked a wee bit too much like frankenstein? Otherwise really good episode can't wait for the next one.

Good
    Simi wrote:
    KHAN!!! I really thought this episode was heading that way. Any1 else think the orion quys looked a wee bit too much like frankenstein?

The Big Show looked like Shrek ;)

Tazzle wrote:
    It went to warp in the solar system /me cries

Its "not recomended" but not impossible or fatal id be more worryed about the over use of phasers at warp that really annoys me

• Advertisement

Ok
    bizmark wrote:
    Its "not recomended" but not impossible or fatal id be more worryed about the over use of phasers at warp that really annoys me
    heh that only becomes a problem in kirks time (star trek...3?) cause the phaser array is tied into the warp drive ;)

n00b heh

yeah warp in a solar system can be done but is usually avoided cause it can cause a wormhole type rifty thingy*

*the technical definition

azezil wrote:
    heh that only becomes a problem in kirks time (star trek...3?) cause the phaser array is tied into the warp drive ;)

n00b heh

[/SIZE]

Star trek 1 they tied warp power into the phasers to give them more power on the refited conny but as a side effect the phasers wouldnt work at warp thats the one where the wormhole effect is seen for the first time i think

whos the n00b now! ;):p

Ok
    remember there ot even phasers there pphase cannons also shouldent they be blue and only become red later?

User45701 wrote:
    they be blue and only become red later?

Eh ? :eek:

Ok
    Weapons phasers in TOS where blue so where the torps i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Dataisgod wrote:
    always good to see hertzler howerver briefly. Spiner was good though i did find his character, mannerisms annoying sometimes as was the acting of the petrified ensign.

I thought showing an ensign who was a little fresh, having just transferred to the ship and suddenly finding himself in this awful situation, was pretty inspired writing for a show which often takes the easy way out.
    Dataisgod wrote:
    god i'm tired. thought spiner was khan noonien singh for a that whole ep, not soong presumeable related to data's creator?

He *is* an ancestor of Data's creator, and presumably he changed his name of his parents were fans of Khan (ST II) from the 1990s Eugenics Wars. Wouldn't be worth bringing Spiner in unless he had some tie to Data anyway. It seems the high intelligence of this Soong carries on into the next generations and ultimately to the point where Data's creator gets working on his positronic brain.

doh.ie wrote:
    I thought showing an ensign who was a little fresh, having just transferred to the ship and suddenly finding himself in this awful situation, was pretty inspired writing for a show which often takes the easy way out.

yeah i thought you're man portrayed it badly though imo

Dataisgod wrote:
    yeah i thought you're man portrayed it badly though imo

Ah, I see. Don't remember thinking that other than it being a good idea, but maybe I was distracted by an Orion slave girl or something! ;)

User45701 wrote:

Dont remember tbh didnt see many eps of tos wasnt show much in the 90's

Ok
    User45701 wrote:
    Indeed they were.

The colour of energy weapons is determined by the composition of the fireing tubes/ phaser arrays, the metals / alloys used give the weapons their colour, thus it is conceivable that the metals used in construction have changed over time.

So in conclusion pikachu would clearly kick superman's ass in a fire-fight.

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote:
    Dont remember tbh didnt see many eps of tos wasnt show much in the 90's

aw twas, not as much as the other series but there was always TOS on saturdays and sunday afternoon on sky.

personally i never really got into it but i did like the movies

azezil wrote:
    Indeed they were.

The colour of energy weapons is determined by the composition of the fireing tubes/ phaser arrays, the metals / alloys used give the weapons their colour, thus it is conceivable that the metals used in construction have changed over time.

So in conclusion pikachu would clearly kick superman's ass in a fire-fight.

Did you just make that up or is it in some tech manule i dont have ? :eek:
    aw twas, not as much as the other series but there was always TOS on saturdays and sunday afternoon on sky.

personally i never really got into it but i did like the movies

Aye seen a few eps but never really was into tos that much

Ok
    They don't make ya sci-fi / fantasy mod for nothing ;)

I read it.

doh.ie wrote:
    He *is* an ancestor of Data's creator, and presumably he changed his name of his parents were fans of Khan (ST II) from the 1990s Eugenics Wars.

Hmm, not a great sign, quoting myself...! But just to add to what's above,
    I see from startrek.com that the character played by Spiner in this three-parter is "Arik Soong" - no mention yet of specificially what relation he will be to Dr Noonian Soong, or if there's any clear connection beyond slightly different spelling to Khan Noonian Singh.

no mention yet of specificially what relation he will be to Dr Noonian Soong,

Hes the great grand pa (or great great grand pa or what ever you get through in around 200 years) of datas builder

bizmark wrote:
    Hes the great grand pa (or great great grand pa or what ever you get through in around 200 years) of datas builder

That's what I couldn't figure out - great/great-great - considering that Soong was very old when he turned up in "Brothers", and it wouldn't have been impossible for it to be a generation less than it seemed (especially when you consider Arik may have made some genetic enhancements on himself - and therefore his children - which may cause them to live longer lives.)

Ok
    ok 1 he is no relation whatso ever to khan noonian soong because he was a prince who rulled 1/3 of the world in the year 1996. He had many many many human subjects (about 1 billion) and many geneticaly modofied humans who served him because he was the strongest.

In Therey Khan nooghian soogn could have had a chuild with a human who also had a child with a human and that Dr.soogn is 1/4 Augment this would explain his intelegence and the intelegence of the soogn family line however this is unlikley because Khan would never touch a inferier human

Dr. soogn from ENT 404 Borderland is the Grandfather of Dr. soogn who created data

Biz i am dissapointed in you u claim to be a star trek fan but havent watched TOS? like data said it was on sky 1 on sat and sun for quite a while.

Ya shocking i havent seen 40 year old tv progs tbh :) i started watching star trek back dureing the first run of TNG iv seen a few eps of tos but back then i did other things on a saturday and sunday than watch tv tbh
    :eek:

User45701 wrote:
    ok 1 he is no relation whatso ever to khan noonian soong because he was a prince who rulled 1/3 of the world in the year 1996. He had many many many human subjects (about 1 billion) and many geneticaly modofied humans who served him because he was the strongest.

I'm suggesting that maybe there's a Noonian Soong/Noonian Singh connection in *name* not relation terms. I wonder if Soong's creation of these augments is related to his adaption of the name we know to connect to Singh and the Eugenics Wars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Singh isn't exactly an uncommon surname. All Sikh males have Singh as a surname (Sikh females have Kaur as a surname), it's the most common surname in India and there's a big group of people in north Mexico (mostly Roman Catholics oddly enough) made up of descendants of a Sikh migration about a century ago and they're all Singhs as well.

In other words, it's like looking for a Mr Murphy in Cork - throw a stone and you'll probably hit one.

Advertisement