Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime 2 to be 60hz only...

Options
  • 30-10-2004 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

seems like a daring move on ninty's part, but one that most pal gamers will be happy with if it means almost simultaneous pal and ntsc releases...

the 3 tvs i have access to all support 60hz, so its no biggy for me.
    those of you who are unsure may want to check if your tv supports 60hz...

from memory, i think you have to hold B as the gamecube is booting up with metroid prime in the tray to enable 60hz mode

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

This is good.. I have no 50hz TVs left anymore.

But it could cause problems for more casual buyers who don't know what their telly is capable of. It will be a headache for the game shops having to explain it to everyone buying a copy of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Most modern TVs are 60Hz capable, even the crappy ones. I haven't owned a TV in ten years that wasn't able to display a 60Hz signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

The Zelda Bonus disk was 60hz only too which is odd considering they're all old games. 60hz does work on my tv (7 year old beko 21") but I get these weird borders at the top and bottom and these really distracting white dots around the side of my screen for some reason :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I'm not really concerned because all the tellys in my haouse can do 60Hz, but last year me and a bunch of people had a SSBM contest in college and we got a big projector and played for a while. However that was 50Hz only. :( So no big screen college Metriod Prime 2 for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Unless we get a REALLY big TV and bring it into college and hijack a lecture theatre...:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Phasing out the 50Hz can only be a good thing, no more waiting months between border releases. Most new TV's have the 60Hz feature anyway. MP1 had a huge delay between US and EU releases and the 50Hz conversion was probably why.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah 60hz only will hopefully be the way forward for most games.
    Only problem I have with this is, the little 14" tv in my room that the GC and PS2 is connected to is a bit dodgy sometimes.
    It supports 60hz but sometimes it bends the picture in the top left and right cornersm which is very annoying.
    Guess the GC will be moving back downstairs to one of the big tvs over Christmas.

Advertisement