Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Ad

• 22-08-2001 8:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the latest ad for Sky MovieMax?!

It's a complete rip-off of Xiaoxiao no. 3 and a bad one at that!

Are Sky allowed to get away with doing this?

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Yeah, I noticed that too ...

Maybe someone should mail the creator to let him know his work is being ripped off by a huge soul-less corporation!

"I'd rather have a bottle infront of me than a frontal lobotamy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yeah I saw that myself and was mightily ****ed off. More than a few "OMFUGGA",s and pointings were used.

But what can one man do against the corporate might of Murdoch Corp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

seen the add a couple of times and notices the rip off straight away. it's even got the 'boss character' in purple ffs!!

OFFICAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed by SANE people. We accept no responsibility for any contamination caused to your bodily fluids due to reading this post. We ask patrons to please keep their feet visible at all times and their left hand raised in the air, for their own safety. Remember we're extremists with miniature guitars...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Scrap

maybe it was the same guy that done both ads... i dunno... BUT THAT ****ING FLASH MOVIE OWNZ !!!!, havnt yet seen the sky ad..

/me waits watching sky moviemax every hour of the day ..waiting and waiting for the add to show...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Hmmm. Well I have to say that not only is the ad a copy but it's a crap one at that. The fighting isn't as good and the animation isn't as smooth IMO and don't get me started on the ending!

I wrote to Sky and complained yesterday but didn't get a reply yet.

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

[This message has been edited by Puck (edited 23-08-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scrap:
    THAT ****ING FLASH MOVIE OWNZ !!!!,

[/B]</font>

Yeah - It does indeed 0wn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

even this is better than the sky ad...

http://www.geocities.com/albinoblacksheep/flash/xiaoxiaospoof.html biggrin.gif

OFFICAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed by SANE people. We accept no responsibility for any contamination caused to your bodily fluids due to reading this post. We ask patrons to please keep their feet visible at all times and their left hand raised in the air, for their own safety. Remember we're extremists with miniature guitars...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

You mean they're taking something that's enjoying some cult success and using it to sell us something we don't need?

Now they've just gone too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Xiaoxiao no.4 ownz!!!!!! its like a shoot em up like house of the dead or time crisis!! and when u get to the end u get to watch yourself fight a boss dude all matrix style!
    pure genius!

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

Where can I see No.4 ??

Is there a list of all o' them ?

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    even this is better than the sky ad...

http://www.geocities.com/albinoblacksheep/flash/xiaoxiaospoof.html biggrin.gif

</font>

Man - that spoof really SUX !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

well those caraazy kats at sky fooled me

GOOD WORK RUPERT MURDOCH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

aren't they all a complete rip off of www.stickdeath.com

its ancent

Advertisement