Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP and error handling

Options
  • 30-10-2004 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

Is there a way of error handling regardless the error type, if IIS or code typo.

What I mean is, I want to be able to send an email to the website administrator anytime an error ocurs on th website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Just set it so that IIS uses an asp page as the error page, and have that asp page email you a report every time it is called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

That's good for something like the error404 page not found (just an example), but what about if there is any vb script error, or some sort of script error somewhere in the middle of the page that you don't know about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Well, yu can set the asp as the error-handler for all error types IIS recognises. Unless of course its an error that still displays a page normally (but breaks something functional) not sure there is a way the webserver could identify that...

Unless of course its an error that still displays a page normally (but breaks something functional) not sure there is a way the webserver could identify that...
    Yes this type of errors that only loads half of page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Advertisement

blacknight wrote:
    I was just about to post the same link when I saw your reply.

Very handy isn't it?
    A bit of work involved but it's worth it.

Thanks anyway.

Advertisement