Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME overcharging on budget games

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

The prices in GAME are laughable... HMV sometimes have the same game for €10 less than what GAME are asking.
    Although you can sometimes get an alright discount if you have a GAME store card, like when I bought vice city I got I think five or ten euro off the badge price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The credit card and the internet is usually the cheapest way to buy a new game. If you think selling an existing game worth €25 for €25 back to a shop somehow negates that, I can't agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Wertz wrote:
    Fixed.
    What is that meant to mean?

Go back and read the "quote".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Your sustaining high prices, by not shopping around.

We were discussing Game's price matching. What's the difference between buying a game in Smyths for €30 and buying the same game in Game for €30? How is buying it in Game sustaining high prices as opposed to buying it somewhere else for the same price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Sico wrote:
    We were discussing Game's price matching. What's the difference between buying a game in Smyths for €30 and buying the same game in Game for €30? How is buying it in Game sustaining high prices as opposed to buying it somewhere else for the same price?

The thread title is Game overcharging?

If you can't be bothered to seek out cheaper prices then why would Game lower prices to stay competitive? They won't. So the result is that you not seeking lower prices means that Game will continue to charge as much as the lazy consumer will pay.

Why would price matching encourage you to shop in Game. I'd have assumed you'd shop in the place where you find the lower price.

Smyths and Game used to be a lot cheaper than other stores, but these days they are the most expensive places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Your sustaining high prices, by not shopping around.
    way over the top I reckon
    Get price match first, march into GAME, demand price match -- happy punter

Advertisement